18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.  INVESTIGATION.
MENTIONS BEING DRUGGED.

I STIRRED AWAKE, feeling a bit breathless as my skin felt terribly frigid

I STIRRED AWAKE, feeling a bit breathless as my skin felt terribly frigid. I gripped the blanket and lifted it higher to cover my shoulders, although through blurry vision I soon realized this wasn't my bed.

"What the hell..?" I murmured groggily, sitting up before placing a hand on my forehead. 'I'm burning up..' I thought, blinking owlishly while I surveyed the bedroom's interior. Because I was quite literally sure this wasn't mine!

"Mira, you're awake." An certain silver haired man peered through the door before fully entering, observing my features momentarily before sitting down on the chair by the bedside.  I immediately relaxed upon seeing the royal.

"Why are you here, Nozel..?" I asked a bit confusedly, while he rubbed his temples before heaving an short languid sigh. "You've been drugged." He informed blatantly, allowing the information to sink in within me.

"The drug is something used for interrogations, it is not something you could easily buy. Side effects from consumption are high fever, headaches, and mild memory loss." Nozel explains, gaze drifting off to the side. I parted my lips in surprise, before dozing off.

I knew this was his bedroom, considering how the bedsheets and the room's fragrance screamed his manly and very light scent it was easy to figure out. I could feel my cheeks heat up at the thought before discarding those.. questionable things my mind is creating.

"Did they figure out who did it?" I inquired to snap out of my daze, meeting gazes with the royal who propped his head up with a single hand.  "They are currently investigating it, the Magic Knights have it under control. Lord Julius asks of you to rest for now because he himself is looking into the situation." He informed. I simply combed my hair with my fingers gently, biting my inner lip.

"Once you feel better, Then you can go to Lord Marx and the Wizard King." He quipped, abruptly standing up. "Call the maids or butlers, If you need anything. They are at your beck and call now that you're staying at House Silva." Nozel said lastly before exiting the room without another word.