07

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN. MOMENTARY ESCAPE.

"SO, WHERE DID YOU STAY over the decade Kendra?" Amira asked her sister who sipped on her brewed tea before replying

"SO, WHERE DID YOU STAY over the decade Kendra?" Amira asked her sister who sipped on her brewed tea before replying. "I stayed at the vacation-house Mother gave us in the more rural parts of Clover, it was the only place I could think of where I could still remember her."

The Magic Knight Captain pursed her lips, that vacation house was what they visited regularly in summer every year before with their Mother, Hermione Hiroka. For magic lessons or etiquette, neither of them minded and simply enjoyed learning together. "Mother would have been proud, Kendra.  We still don't know if she's alive somewhere because her corpse was never found, so just maybe she is.."

"All I know that she'd be most proud of you Mira! You're an excellent Magic Knight Captain and held highly in High-Society. Not to mention, I've heard that the twenty-eighth Wizard King had you as his disciple." Kendra insisted with an beaming smile. "She'd be proud of both of us, Kendra."

"Do you think Mother would forgive him for being disloyal, Mira?" Kendra deliberately lowers her voice, making her sister pause in sipping her tea. "Kendra, being disloyal is an choice, never an mistake. Mother may have been deceased but technically they were still married, it's just that she's no longer with us. And, I think there is more than what meets the eye in this family."

"What do you mean?" Kendra queried curiously, as Amira placed the porcelain tea-cup down on the platter. "I've heard from a relative on Mother's side that she was coaxed into this marriage with him, so perhaps the reason why he has treated us indifferently is because we are not his true children?" The Magic Knight Captain quietly theorized, afraid that someone might overhear this conversation.

"Then, who is our father?" Kendra asked, making Amira hum softly before leaning back on the cushioned chair. "I'm not certain who, but I did notice someone acting a bit more strange towards me lately after I told him of your return. He seemed even more happy than I am."