17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.  DILEMMA

THE MOMENT I ENTERED the banquet room, I felt as if the light was shut off and the spotlight simultaneously shifted to me

THE MOMENT I ENTERED the banquet room, I felt as if the light was shut off and the spotlight simultaneously shifted to me. I felt their curious eyes on my figure, still not used to this feeling even after years.

"Lady Amira, Looks as beautiful as ever." People who voiced compliments and those who criticized me was all murmured in the room, I glance at my siblings who tagged along with my squad to feel a bit assured in this crowd.

An dark brown haired man, Walked towards me with a gentle smile on his face alike a true gentle-man. His feaures seemed eerily similar to one I saw before but I quite couldn't put my hand on who it was.  "Oh my, Isn't that Lord Ezra?" I heard people whispering again, suddenly he bowed his head and reached for my hand with my permission.

"Lady Hiroka, you look wondrous tonight." He compliments with a sly undertone as I hide my anxiety behind a layer of charm. 'I feel more anxious tonight than any other banquet I attended.' I thought, watching as he kissed the back of my hand before he retracted his hand and now stood eye to eye with me.  I glanced behind me to meet gazes with Kendra,

'Kendra, What should I do?' She blatantly shrugged in response, It was easy to know what I was asking by the current look on my face. "Your name, milord..?" I asked out of curiosity, his smile widening. "Yuu Ezra, Captain."

"Brother! What are you doing wandering around?!" An light airy voice yelled, which he glanced at briefly.  "Hanabi? I am simply extending my greetings to Captain Hiroka." He said bluntly, pointing towards my direction. She immediately glimpsed towards me with a overprotective gaze.

"You look familiar.. Wait, Aren't you that peasant who was wih Lord Silva?" Hanabi accused with an displeased frown, making me scoff in exasperation and pointed to myself.

"I beg your pardon? You have heard my name loud and clear, Lady Hanabi. Shall I introduce myself once more?" I responded, staring sharply at the ravenette.

"I do not need bland introductions of someone in a lower standing than me!" Hanabi refused, clenching her jaw.  "I am first and foremost a royal, therefore you disrespectful magic knights need to have a bit more courtesy!" She added, balling her fists up as she attempted to take a step forward.