06

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX. REUNITED.

AMIRA MANAGED TO SLIP OUT of the banquet halls without anyone inquiring as to where she was going, heading towards the corridor where they said the person was waiting

AMIRA MANAGED TO SLIP OUT of the banquet halls without anyone inquiring as to where she was going, heading towards the corridor where they said the person was waiting. They were wearing an onyx cloak, their features weren't that visible by the faint light in the hallway.

"Sister.." that voice sounded too much like an unfulfilled promise that chose to abandon her long ago, making the birthday celebrant pause slowly in bewilderment. "You are..?" Amira murmurs under her breathe, as if she was seeking confirmation.

The cloaked person tugged down their hood, their features now being more defined with the moonlight peering through the tall windows. "Kendra?" Amira takes a step forward, questioning if this was some sick joke played on her. "I'm sorry." The brown-haired female whispers to the celebrant, engulfing her in an tight embrace.

"I was a coward for leaving, and more so because I left you alone in this forsaken house-hold. I should've.. took you with me." Kendra apologized profusely, voice muffled as she hides her face in the crook of Amira's shoulder. "No, no, you shouldn't be sorry. It's our birthday, you shouldn't be sad Kendra.."

Amira pats Kendra's back soothingly, no ounce of anger in her chest as she gladly welcomed Kendra back. "You were just as brave for having the courage to leave this house-hold that was suffocating, I understand that you wanted to have a bit more freedom. You were just as brave as I, who stayed and fought alone. Know that, Kendra." Amira reassures fondly, brushing Kendra's bangs to the side of her face.

For Kendra was her twin,  her other half. They were two peas in a pod before, inseparable even but circumstances led them to taking different paths. "Happy birthday, my sister." Amira greeted with an delighted smile, her reserved softness lingering in her amaranthine pools.

"Happy birthday, Mira." Kendra returns the greeting, mirroring her sister's expression. Before they returned to the Banquet Halls, Amira ushered Kendra to change into new refreshing clothes and brought you there.

Stephen Hiroka who was just about to exit, bumped into them on their way to the entrance. The Duke immediately frowned upon realization on who Amira was with. "Mira, you dared bring this wench back in my manor?" Stephen harshly reprimanded, clenching his fists.

"Kendra did nothing wrong! You were the one who decided to scare her by letting her see your infidelity in that god-forsaken office of yours." Amira rebuts with the same harshness, fury rising in her veins. "You couldn't even stay loyal to mother after her death, maybe you've even met her during the time my mother was alive."

"You ungrateful brat..! You do not have the right to speak to me like this, as if I am the bad guy." Stephen threateningly spoke, quickly raising his hand to land a slap on Amir's cheek. Kendra gasped as he hit Amira, quickly pushing her sister back to shield her. "You're being unreasonable! Why are you so affected by this, when she only spoke the truth?"

The Captain placed her hand on her reddened cheek with a grim expression, healing it slowly.  "You can raise your hand at me all the time, father, but do not ever lay a hand on Addison and Kairon. They do not deserve to see this unsophisticated and nasty side of yours." Amira said with an bitter scoff.

"I will not retaliate if you only hurt me, but know that things will change once word gets to me that you have hurted my siblings. the only good thing that came out of your disloyalty." The Magic Knight Captain sarcastically jabbed in distaste, eyes narrowed forming a hardened glare. "These four walls could hear, father. That's what you've teached me, word will always get around to me and people who care about me. So, watch your steps."

Amira smirked, grabbing Kendra's wrist before entering the Banquet Halls. Fortunately, the reddened mark on Amira's cheek had already healed during her conversation with her father. "Who is that you're with Mira?" Charlotte greets, holding an glass of champagne in her slender fingers.

"Kendra, my sister.. uhm, the one that went missing a decade ago? She's back now!" Amira explained with glee, introducing her to Charlotte and soon to her other captains.

After the introduction, Amira set off to get a drink. She noted that they've started playing music now for the dancing to begin, watching as people approach her to dance but she kindly declined seeing as it wasn't that interesting if he person you were dancing with only seeked your wealth and fame.

"Hiroka." An blank voice greets her from behind, making Amira swiftly turn her head to reciprocate the greetings. "Nozel! You came!" She beamed with an cheery smile, watching as he waved it off shortly.

"You sent an invitation to Noelle," Nozel muttered, making Amira arch an eyebrow confusedly. "Mhm? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, just never mind. Do you want to take a dance with me?" Nozel straight-forwardly invited her, eliciting an amused chuckle from the celebrant whose now relaxed. "Why not? It'll be like our youthful days where we had joint dancing lessons." Amira recalled, placing her hand in the one he offered.

Nozel simply hummed, escorting the captain into the dancing floors. He didn't let his composure crack despite knowing that he's awfully rusty now at dancing, "why do you look like that? Are you nervous dancing with me Silva?" Amira teases lightly, placing her hand on his shoulder slyly.

"Do not get ahead of yourself, Hiroka. I am merely doing this because of formalities." Nozel muttered, but did not make any effort to deny her claims. "Formalities that require dancing with the person you were arguing with at the War Merits Ceremony? How interesting!"

Although Amira was still confident in her skills in ball-room dancing, it wasn't helping at how her cheeks were starting to warm in being close to the Master of House Silva. "Happy Birthday, by the way." Nozel greeted suddenly, knocking Amira out of her mild trance as she smiled in response. "Thank you. Perhaps your gift for me is this dance hm?"

"You're still so full of yourself."

"Am not! I am merely stating my opinion!"

An deep chuckle escaped the man's lips, making Amira distracted for a minute before convincing herself to stay composed. Their steps were completely perfect; synchronized. as the guests watch in complete awe of their skills, in seeing the sophisticated lady of House Hiroka and the cold Master of House Silva imdulge in a dance for formalities.

Perhaps rumors will start to spread about this. Amira suddenly thought to herself, noticing how the music has now ended before she bid Nozel goodbye for the meanwhile to excuse herself to take a momentary break. Because how else was she supposed to calm the rapid beating of her heart?