13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN. MYSTERIOUS

I SIGHED SOFTLY AS I WAS with Charlotte, Walking around the capital

I SIGHED SOFTLY AS I WAS with Charlotte, Walking around the capital. "Now that you'r○ also released from the hospital let's have an girls night!" I suggested with a beam, smiling.
"Idiot. Our priority is to help the others first, Can't you see how harsh the damage is towards the entirety of the kingdom?" She asked, Shaking her head.

"I know! But we need to rest too, Y'know? At least for an night. But you do have an point, so let's go with that. " I slowly surrendered, I entwine my hands behind my back as
we patrol around the area.

The cool air blew against our skin, watching the sun peek through the moving clouds in the blazing blue skies. tall trees danced to the whistles of the air, leaves rustling softly.
An messenger bird suddenly appeared in front of us, two letter in it's beak.  Charlotte raised her arm, the bird flapped it's wings before gracefully landing on her arm.

She read the envelopes' address, glancing at me before handing the other one. "This one is from the castle, The one you're holding is from the manor." She said, Showing me the envelope in her hands that had an stamp of the castle.

"You read that first." I said, As she nodded in response. She opened the envelope and grabbed the paper inside it. "To my Magic Knight Captains. We'll be throwing an mini ball, the funds we have right now are for the villages. This ball is the way I think I can express my gratitude for all of you, It is scheduled for tomorrow in the evening. Sincerely, The Wizard King."

"An party?" I asked, nodding in confirmation as her eyes read over the lines again. "Yes. But it isn't that grand like usually." She responded. "Oh. It's fine with me either way, Are you going to attend?" I asked lightly, seeing how her shoulders sag with guilt.

"I'm afraid not, I've done unforgivable things during my time as an elf. I think I won't be able to show my face towards the Magic Knights again.." Charlotte reasoned hesitantly, fiddling with the hem of her skirt.

"Charlotte, We already talked about this. You're fit to be an captain. You don't deserve the credit? Forget that, What matters is you helped us either way. You even fought alongside Yami from what I heard! And William is a worst case really.." I chide gently, patting her back.

"Forgive me Amira. That was ridiculous for me to say." She said, As I only waved my hand indicating it's alright. "You've made no fault so don't think about it too much." I added, sending her an gentle smile.

"Are you not going to read that?" Charlotte arches an eyebrow, pointing to the forgotten envelope I held in my other hand.  "Ah, I almost forgot!" I chimed, quickly opening it, unfolding the letter but quickly paused.  'This handwriting is familiar, This can't be Kendra nor my younger siblings.' I thought, 'Maybe father?'

"Dear Amira, We are inviting you to an family dinner the day after tomorrow. We have matters we have to discuss, Continuing from your sibling's marriage. Sincerely, Father." I whispered softly, meeting with Charlotte's cerulean eyes promptly in suspicion.

"He is beyond absurd. Using his children as a means to achieve higher things, I hope that one day in his pursuit of more wealth in greed he will make a miscalculation." Charlotte commented blankly, watching as I fold the letter in half once more before shoving it to the inner pocket in my robe,

"He doesn't know when to stop, doesn't he? He's exhausting." I mutter through gritted teeth, rolling my eyes promptly.  "Your patience with him is commendable, Mira." Charlotte adds, shaking her head.

"I wouldn't be so tolerable of his attitude if my siblings wren't under his wing, currently." I responded, continuing the conversation on our way to the castle. Later, we hadn't even noticed we already arrived at the front.

"Oh, We're here already." I pointed out, surveying the exterior of the well-kept and grand castle.  "Well then, I need to meet Julius. He did say he'd like to talk to me." I waved my hand, sending me an short nod. "Sol, Asked me to meet her here."

"'Heard Yami is in the castle for a report, don't run around if you get near him. I'd be embarrassed for you." I smirked teasingly, seeing her shoulders visibly tense and cheeks flush, sending me an softened glare.

"Go already!" She yelled, turning her head to the other way.
I waved my hand before entering the castle, The halls and rooms were spacious. Any normal person would be amazed at how elegant and spacious it looked like.

But I used to always go here, So I wasn't even suprised. I quickly made my way to Julius's office, In the fear of encountering the king. I just didn't have time to listen to his nonsensical chatter and boastful tone.

I sighed before, Knocking on the door three times before entering. I was still caught off guard at the child form of Julius. "Oh, Amira!" He called out with a small smile, I sat infront of him, returning the smile

"Hi." I shortly replied, his eyes surveying my appearance. "You look quite tired? Did you take an walk with Charlotte around the kingdom again just when you've recovered?" He asked in concern, eliciting an small hum from me in confirmation. I tap my fingers against the wooden desk in boredom.

"You called me here to tell me something right?" I queried curiously, arching an eyebrow promptly.  His shoulders suddenly stiffened, clearing his throat. "I am not able to meddle in the business of one of Clover's prestigious houses, more so because of my current form. The only thing I can do to help is choose an better.. option for your sibling."

He sighed, Before looking at me. "I also have another matter to explain to you, Amira." I sat there confused, The tone he was using was serious it was really unusual of him. the fact that he didn't even mention magic types, Is there an possibility of him hiding something from me?

loud knocks on the door was heard, I quickly furrowed my eyebrows. 'I'm sure no one aside from us can see the wizard king, The king doesn't even know the situation he's in right now!' I thought inwardly in suspicion, feeling my senses being heightened. 

"You may enter." He stated, eerily watching the door open slowly revealing an woman just around the same age as him yet still seemed so youthful with her appearance. Her ash-brown locks cascaded down her back, cerulean eyes staring right at me.

"It has been an indeed while.."

"Hermione."