16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN. THE BANQUET (I.)

IT WAS ALREADY THE DAY of the banquet, The events that happened last night lead me to not sleep, Not even a wink

I knocked three times on the large mahogany doors tp Julius's office. "Who is it?" I heard the voice call inside, Which I supposed was Marx.

"It's Amira.." I said languidly, rubbing my eyes lightly. The door slowly opened, I opened my eyes and quickly entered the room. It was unusual for Julius to stay in his office and actually do his paperworks, He lifted his head up and looked at me.

"Mira? What can I do for you?" He asked with a faint smile, extending his hand out to motion for me to sit in-front of him. "Can I stay here for awhile, I'm tired.." I muttered, sitting infront of his wooden desk, which had stacks of papers slightly covering his face.

"What happened last night?" He asked softly, placing down his pen. It looked like he was ready to listen, He gestured for Marx to go out for the meanwhile. His assistant quickly obliged and closed the door, then his attention was fully on me.

"Addison's engagement wasn't stopped." I murmured, closing my eyes to avoid that gaze of pity. "Don't look at me like that." I remarked with an frown, before he chuckled quietly.

"Okay, okay. What was Addison's reply?" He inquires gently, I glanced at him before sighing. "She said it's alright. She said she's alright. But I just knew she was hurting, because I was in that position before." I responded, subtly frowning with my eyebrows knitting together.

"Amira.." He called out, As he sighed softly resting his head on his palm. "Everything is gonna be alright, As long as the person she's going to marry is kind and understanding."
He said with a faint smile, He's right. I had to look on the bright side. An soft giggle bubbled from my throat, threatening to escape my lips, while he furrowed his eyebrows. "Why are you laughing, Mira?"

"You truly are my father, Julius. Even in that child form of yours, you sound so fatherly-like and it's funny."

"You can't always save people out of their misery, Mira. Don't give too much to others to the point you can't even be kind to yourself." Julius advised with an gentler tone, shaking his head. "I know Julius, Thank you so much." I thanked before doing a curtsy, we both laughed.