09

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE. STAR FESTIVAL (I.)

"HE'S SO FRUSTRATING!" I said in a exasperated tone, Pushing myself away from the desk

"HE'S SO FRUSTRATING!" I said in a exasperated tone, Pushing myself away from the desk. At the moment, I was ranting to Julius about what happened yesterday. "Now, now Amira. We can't have you in that mood later on in the festival." Julius chuckled, Continuing on signing his papers which was very unusual for him.

"Like who does that?!" I groaned, Running my hands through my ash-brown tresses. "I don't know, maybe those corrupt families perhaps?" Julius jokingly chimed,

FLASHBACK

"So what are we going to talk about?" Amira asked boredly, Spinning the quill with her fingers. "We'll be discussing the future of your siblings." Her father said, With an suspicious smile etched on his face.

"You do know Amira that you have to most amount of shares in the Hiroka corporations." Amira nodded, Squinting her eyes slowly.  "You declined the position of being CEO, At the age of 18. Saying you wanted to become an magic knight instead. However the funds in the company are running low and we need money for future projects." Her dad continued, An smirk appearing on his face.

"One of your three dear little siblings will be arranged in an marriage." Amira and Kendra's eyes widened at what the words slipped out of their father's mouth. "I absolutely refuse father!" Amira yelled, Slamming her fist on the table.

Izzy was on Amira's shoulder, Sitting there calmly watching the situation closely. "Amira, You don't need to shout." Her mother calmly said, Hiding her grin with her fan.

Amira clicked her tongue in annoyance, glancing at Kendra. "Kendra, I suppose you're an great candidate. Your at the right age, Your already twenty-seven like Amira am I right?" Amanda asked, closing her fan and settling it on the table.

"How much money do you need?" Amira queried in exasperation, Making her father turn his head to her. "An couple ten-thousands." making Amira arch an eyebrow as an scoff escaped her lips.