02

CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO. ENEMIES TO LOVERS?

I BRUSHED MY ASH-BROWN TRESSES, before tying in into a half bun

I BRUSHED MY ASH-BROWN TRESSES, before tying in into a half bun. I grabbed the white ribbon, and placed it on as well. Torrents of golden sun light peered through the curtains, making me glance outside with a hum.

'It's almost time for breakfast,' I thought inwardly, opening the mahogany door before closing it. I walked down the corridors, as the structure of our base was almost castle-like after having it remodeled plenty of times. So it was without a doubt, quite extravagant.

Anyone unfamiliar with this place would've been lost, as I headed into the cafeteria. I heard the distinct chatters, hearing almost everyone present there. "Good morning!"

I greeted, everyone swiftly responded with a greeting as well. They all were quite fixated on a newspaper, as I can't help but be curious about it. "What are you guys doing?"  I inquired, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Captain Amira! Look, it's you on the newspaper." Caleb raised the newspaper, and flipped a few pages before lending it to me. "I know I'm quite known and all, but why?"

My eyes widened, reading the sentences written in black ink on the piece of paper. "Who is the journalist behind this!──" I exclaimed in disbelief, cringing at the words. Izzy who appeared out of nowhere, glanced at what I was reading too.

"Amira Hiroka of the Amethyst Wolves, And Nozel Silva of the Silver Eagles gets into a heated argument at the War Merits Ceremony but is anger the only feeling lingering in this conversation?" I gripped the piece of paper tightly, before rushing out the base. "Captain Amira!"

They called out in bewilderment, as they followed me out as well. Caleb was still munching on his piece of toasted-bread but still tagged along while Phoebe and Ruby were catching up with me. "So, where to?" Caleb questioned, arching a brow.

The citizens were just gaping at us in disbelief, The Reputable Amethyst Wolves on a wild goose hunt? But instead of a goose, they were after the journalists. "Are we gonna shut down their company after this blasphemy?"