22

━━ I SAT ON A LUXURIOUS couch, As we were in a extravagant bedchamber, filled with pleasing colors to the eyes

I SAT ON A LUXURIOUS couch, As we were in a extravagant bedchamber, filled with pleasing colors to the eyes.

I smelled the strawberry scent that wafted in the air, Glancing at the dark haired female who was oddly sat infront of me.

"Lady Yuu, I didn't come here to shout at you or punish you brutally because of what you've done." I finally spoke, breaking the silence. Her hazel orbs were preventing itself from crying, while I remained quiet and composed.

"Lady Yuu, Please let your emotions out then we can talk." I suggested quietly, whilst she obediently nodded. She sobbed on the sleeves of her dress, I gave her a tissue paper to wipe her tears with. Hanabi hesitantly accepted it and wiped her tears on her cheek, Before clearing her throat.

"I'm sorry you witnessed that." She muttered quietly, Slowly regaining her composure. "It's alright M'lady, Please remember that I'm not here to punish you by hurting you. I'm not the type to hold grudges, But I may punish you by the law. As that depends on what you have to say." I spoke seriously, But my gaze was somewhat soft.

"Let us look to both sides, And see what the other party has to say." Her hazel orbs gleamed with hope, But she still hesitated. Ezra was present in this room, He was ordered to be a witness for what she has to say.

He blamed himself that he couldn't guide his younger sister to the right way, Due to him with his tight schedule. "It was said that you were the one who put the drug in the wine?" I questioned, As she nodded slowly.

"I will not deny it. I was the one who did it, But I didn't do it out of plain jealousy.." The last sentence was like a whisper, I heard hesitation in her voice. "Were you perhaps forced, Lady Yuu? If you tell us who and what happened we may be able to help you." I spoke, As she nodded.

"Lady Amira, Please call me Hanabi. It was a weekday when a letter was addressed to me." She started, before taking a glimpse of my violet orbs. "It was from House Hiroka." Hanabi answered, I was shocked but kept my composure.

'House Hiroka? Who must it be? Is it perhaps Lady Amanda..?' I thought, yet again there was no doubt it was her. "No, She didn't bribe me with jewelry, money or status. It was somewhat different.."

"A potion, A potion that can make me have my way if I could just get rid of you, I'd be rewarded with it. She said something about wanting to make her daughter a rightful heir to you father's position." Hanabi explained clearly, but there was more.

"She expanded her daughter's social circle by arranging her into a marriage, successfully getting shares from the male's company. Lady Amanda was desperate as she was only the second wife, She knew her daughter can give her the titles and wealth she desires." Hanabi heaved a sigh, As I slowly nodded.

"Do you still have letter, To prove that you aren't lying?" I asked, As she nodded. Hanabi came prepared and lend me a envelope that had the family insignia stamp on it. I read the contents, Seeing Amanda's signature on her closing note.