20

CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY. ROYAL CAPITAL.

I WAS AT THE ROYAL capital once again, it was bustling and many nobles roaming around

I WAS AT THE ROYAL capital once again, it was bustling and many nobles roaming around. I felt the gazes of admiration and their fawning lingering as I navigated myself through the crowd.  "Hm, It's been awhile Izzy." I muttered, while she sat on my shoulder.

"I have been sleeping for quite awhile." She yawned, As I patted her head with my finger. "Oh, Lady Hiroka!" Someone called out from behind making turn around, arching an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Lord Yuu?" I responded in a perplexed tone, he seemed to have jogged to catch up to me. "We've been bumping into each other quite a lot, This must be fate right?" Ezra laughs, I took a glimpse at him whilst furrowing my eyebrows.

"Hmm? This is only the first time we've seen each other apart from the banquet." I chirped, As he stood a bit embarrassedly. "Right, forgive me.. perhaps I mistook someone for you."

"And who are you?" Izzy asked, floating off my shoulder to inspect him from head to toe. "I'm Yuu Ezra, And you are?" He responded, hazel pools glancing at Izzy with a newfound curiosity.

"I'm Izzy! The Light Slyph of the five spirits!" She introduced herself proudly, before she sat on my shoulder once more with a boisterous smile. "Lord Yuu, I'm afraid I have to go. I must see the Wizard King." I uttered, doing a curtsy as a sign of respect.

He slowly nodded before bowing his head slightly as well, "Well, I have to go to aswell Mother is going to be furious with me." He waved his hand, walking away. I heaved an languid sigh summoning an wolf made out of mana.

"I feel tired." I mumbled as Izzy raised her eyebrow, "What happened while I was asleep?" She questioned curiously, meeting my eyes. I gave her a brief glance before replying, "Well, apart from getting drugged nothing else happened."
Her eyes widened, swiftly getting furious. "Who do I have to punish?"

She said bursting with mana, which caused me to poke her head with my finger. "Stop it." She quickly ceased, while she gazed at me furiously. "Are you really okay? What if that was poison!? I was only asleep and look at how reckless you became Amira!" She scolded me for how 'reckless' I became, and it wasn't long before we arrived at the grandeur Castle.

I got off the wolf as it swiftly faded into the air, Izzy sat on my shoulder once again heaving out an rather loud sigh.
"What am I going to do with you, Mira?" She mumbled, making me giggle softly. "I could say the same, Izzy." I walked through the quiet hallways, wishing to not encounter anyone.

I knew this was about who drugged me. It was a serious matter of note because it was the drugging of a Magic Knight captain,  it was a bit perplexing situation.  We arrived infront of the large mahogany doors, and I knocked firmly and awaited Marx's reply.

"Name and business?" Marx's voice chirped, slightly muffled but it was still clear enough to hear. "Amira. Lord Julius requested to see me." I responded, while the slyph sitting on my shoulder waited impatiently.

"Oh Captain Amira, You may come in." Marx spoke, As I opened the door. "Pleasure to see you once again, Lord Jukius." I greeted, with a polite smile evident on my lips.

"Pleasure to see you as well, Mira." Julius greeted back, As I felt my tiredness slightly fading away. I sat on a chair infront of him, while I boredly tapped the desk. I requested an glass of water, which they swiftly handed to me.

"Are we perhaps waiting for someone?" I questioned, earning an nod from the Wizard King. "It's your mother, Mira." Julius replied while skillfully going through his paperworks.

To be completely honest, I was still in disbelief that this man right here was my father. Well, anyone would be great if it wasn't Stephen. The door soon opened revealing an middle-aged woman who soon took the seat next to me, muttering greetings to Julius. "Why are you here Mother?"

I queried out of mere curiosity, leaning back on the cushioned chair as Mother cleared her throat. "Amira, do you feel uncomfortable with Julius now that you know he is your father?" Mother asked me, which made me stifle an amused laugh.

My eyebrows raised, before I promptly replied. "Of course not! Nothing would've changed. I already viewed him as an father figure way before he became the Wizard King anyway." I responded honestly with a giddy smile, wondering if Mother would tell me about their love story.

"Up until now, I wonder why you ended up with that scumbag Mother." I voiced out my thoughts, making Mother hum softly. "It was an arranged marriage, Mira. I was forced to break my ties with Julius because of it and well, for years I pretended that you were actually his child."

"Stephen of course had his doubts since he heard of me dating someone before from his intelligence network in Clover,  our marriage started to fall apart when he secretly took a biological DNA test with strands of your hair without my permission." Mother explains with a tinge of bitterness, rubbing her forearm. "It was the same with Kendra."

"While I only stayed friends with Julius during the duration of my marriage with him,  turns out he was already acting disloyal before then. Amanda had her eyes on your father from the beginning so she simply used dirty methods to get what she wanted." She added, making her elicit an tired sigh from the thought of it.

My mouth simply formed an o shape out of shock, before closing my lips and nodding. "Well, you're a free woman now aren't you Mother? You should enjoy your time now." I smiled at her, which she gladly returned. "Yes, Of course."

Julius surprisingly cleared his throat, which made the both of us chuckle softly. "Now, why did you call us both here?" I asked the Wizard King who now placed down his pen with a serious expression. "We've collected information on who drugged you, Mira."

"Who is it?" Naturally, I became serious as well. Although I've been nonchalant about the situation these days, should it have been poison everyone in clover would've stood on edge because of the potential loss of a splended magic knight captain. "It is Yuu Hanabi."