14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN. SECRETS UNFOLDED.

"A PLEASURE TO SEE YOU AGAIN, Hermione

"A PLEASURE TO SEE YOU AGAIN, Hermione." Julius greeted, albeit a bit wistfully. I was baffled in my spot, unable to form coherent words and identify what feelings were rushing through my veins. I quickly glance towards Julius with a betrayed expression. 

"Amira, I see you've grown into a fine woman." She said with an melancholic smile, but my gaze on the twenty-eighth Wizard King did not falter. "Should I be angry or disappointed that you've hid this from me, Julius?" I mutter, attempting to soothe my temples that started to ache.

"Amira, please listen to what I have to say.." Mother's voice trailed off, scurrying to take her seat beside me. I raised my hand to motion her to pause, "Please let me to talk to him first." I offer her an apologetic smile in return.

"I asked him to keep me being alive a secret, truly it worked out for the best since you're now more mature and-" Hermione interrupted, attempting to convince me weakly. "You do not understand mother, this level of maturity isn't something I simply got from your supposed death. I went through many hardships during my time at that manor and it was hard for me! It was an struggle balancing my duties as heiress while eagerly practicing my magic!"

"I had to lose Kendra for a decade because of Father's infidelity, his disloyalty towards you and he soon brought in his mistress!  I had to watch him treat her with affection along with their kids, while I and Kendra stood neglected. Do you not see the gravity of you making that.. lousy decision?" I stated, my tone wavering when I saw her look at me with guilt in her eyes.

"And Julius,  why did you comply with her blatant request? Did you approach me with a kind smile, while knowing that my supposedly deceased mother was alive somewhere in Clover? All those years I was under you, as your disciple, you hid things from me while I.. I told you everything." I shake my head, leaning back on the chair in mild frustration. "Of course it was natural you won't tell me everything as you're the Wizard King now, but when you were a captain, you didn't tell me not a single word."