15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FIFTEEN. CHAMPAGNE

PROBLEMS.

KENDRA WAS CALLED INTO THE Dining Halls, wondering what the occasion would be but paused by the doorframe upon seeing Mother's figure

KENDRA WAS CALLED INTO THE Dining Halls, wondering what the occasion would be but paused by the doorframe upon seeing Mother's figure. She looked at me in disbelief, I quickly motioned for her to sit be side me to allow her to catch up on the situation.

Mother smiled at her fondly in turn after I explained everything quietly,  Kendra abruptly stood up to embrace Mother warmly. Whispering something under her breathe as she ruffled her hair with a gentle hand. Mother apologized for leaving which Kendra accepted with a faint smile.

Amanda and Stephen took their seats with a moxed hint of reluctancy and coldness. I observed their body language, truly it was too obvious the Father was now reluctant of this whole dinner. Does he feel ashamed now?

"Let's start the discussion now, shall we?" I stated, lifting my hand with an undeniable smirk. Platters filled with scrumptious dishes were served on the long dining table, utensils being placed along with napkins.

"The engagement of Addison is already being planned out by both families, correct? I still believe that it should be her right to choose who to marry, and when she will want to settle down. We wouldn't the Groom to end up being like you now do we?" I taunted, and I could practically hear the grinding of their teeth in offense.  "Amira.. Not now please." Stephen warned, sending me a glare.

An absurd laugh left my lips, noticing Mother's gaze on me. Surely she must be thinking this was how I defended myself during the dinners spent with them, but I never did retaliate until now. Why won't I if it's for Addison and the future ahead of her?

"Okay then, Father. Since you've arranged this whole ordeal, I believe you should break the news to Addison first." I added, before taking a bite of the food with poise. "I will call Addison into the room." Kendra said, grabbing her napkin to wipe her mouth smoothly before standing up to visit Addison.

"You called for me?" Addison stepped into the room with Kendra trailing behind her, looking a bit nervous with the pointed stare Amanda was giving her. Addison soon noticed Mother who was eating silently beside me, a bit unfamiliar with her presence which was completely natural.

"Yes, Addison. Come sit with us." I gestured to the vacant chair next to Kendra, earning an quick nod from her as she scurried towards the seat.   "Why did you call me here? This seem to be an rather important meeting." She said softly, fiddling with her hands.

"Listen carefully Addison, We are arranging you into an engagement with House Areon. This will greatly benefit the Hiroka name, and I've told you before that you need to get engaged sooner or later. Lest you want society to look down upon you for unmarried or so." Stephen explained shortly, avoiding his daughter's betrayed gaze. 

"I'm so sorry Addison, But it's up to you if you want to marry, Amira and I will do our best to support and up-hold your stance on this." Kendra whispered into her ear reassuringly, placing her hand on Addison's shoulder.
"I don't want to marry━"

"Addison, My sweet daughter. It is only right for you to marry, We don't want you to grow old alone do we?" Amanda interrupted with a crude smile, before Addison could finish her sentence. Their gazes met shortly after, and now Addison seemed more reluctant.

"Oh, of course, Mother.." Addison mutters, lowering her head. She looked defeated, coaxed by her mother's guilt-tripping words. Even my own Mother seemed completely displeased with this absurd situation.

"This is unacceptable." I said grimly, and I could see how Amanda tried to hide the smirk on her face, On how she easily manipulated her children to do the things she wants.

But her expression quickly changed when Addison looked at her hesitantly. "Sweetie, I'm sorry but this is for you. My efforts are for yours and Kairon's future."

"Addison, I apologize. It's your choice so whatever you choose I will respect it." I said in a hushed voice, she quickly turned to me and shook her head with an softened smile although her lips quivered.

"Sister.. It's alright, You and Kendea are the best sisters I could ask for. So don't worry.." Addison responded, in a hushed voice as well.

I could simply tell that she was on the brim of tears, but she was only preventing it to come out. I was proud that Addison was kind and soft, But she should try to fight for herself atleast once. I've been in her spot once but I only got out of that predicament when I became an Magic Knight, under Julius's protection.

I was happy she wasn't like her mother, Her mother wore an mask to hide the hidden monster inside her. And that mask was slowly falling off, They were too young to understand what wrongs their parents did.

"Who is Addison marrying? It has to be atleast a decent man or I will personally make you two regret this." Before I could continue my threat, Kendra cleared her throat.  "I'd like the answer to that question aswell." Kendra said, As I rubbed my temples in an measly attempt to soothe my temples. "She's marrying the third son of House Areon. Kyle Areon, He is only a year older than her." Father said.

I wanted to rip off that smile on his face, It angered me. Addison quickly stood up and I did too to follow her if she was going out, but she instead ran towards me and embraced me tightly. I could feel my blouse get dampened with the tears trickling down her cheeks, as she bit back her sobs.

"It's alright Adi, Cry all you want." I whispered gently, patting her back to soothe her cries. Mother and Kendra soon stood up as well, Kendra standing beside me as she ruffles Addison's locks softly.

I have to admit,  I love my siblings alot. I could never stand the sight of them being in pain and would sacrifice anything for their safety, to keep those happy smiles on their faces. They should never experience the sadness I felt back then with no one to lean to when I was troubled, those sleepless nights filled with my inner demons clawing at my conscience.  I wanted them to lean on me during times they were at a loss of what do do. Even if we weren't really biological siblings, it was a bond that was indestructible.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't be of any help Mira. I suggest that they should live at yours and Kendra's estate." Mother suggested with a small frown, I nodded my head slowly while holding Addison close.  "I'm already making preparations for that.." I replied softly, the grip Addison had on my blouse subtly tightening.

"Anee-sama, Who is she?" Addison whispered, while I wiped her tears. "I will tell you another time, Addison." I smile at Addison, brushing back her locks gently before escorting her towards her shared bedchambers with Kai.