Troubling Nights

Requested by mandylaren23!

Summary: Splinter has a nightmare...luckily, four certain turtles are there to provide comfort! Based off of 'TMNT Boggarts' in my Random Book!

Warning: This is gonna get really dark with slight gore, blood, death, and it's just dark...

*Offers tissues and punching bags*

~*~

Dream sequence:

Flames flickered in the darkness, giving the room an orange glow. The smell of blood was fresh in the air. Splinter looked around. He was badly injured.

Splinter's eyes widened when he saw his four sons tied up with Shredder standing over them. He turned to his left and saw his slain wife lying on the ground.

Blood oozed from her chest. Miwa was laid on her lap, not moving. They were dead. "N-No...not again..." Splinter quickly looked away from the corpses.

"Daddy!" Mikey cried out. Splinter watched in horror as Shredder brutally killed each of his sons right in front of him. Leo was first, stabbed.

"Leonardo...!" Splinter tried to move, only to be stopped by a metal chain snuggly pressing against his wrist. He was chained to the wall, unable to get to his sons.

Leo died quickly. Then, Shredder smirked with a menacing laugh and killed Raph, spraying blood into the air. "Rapheal...!" Splinter cried out.

Shredder then stabbed Donnie, killing him. "N-No...!" Splinter shouted, desperation trying to get free. His wrists began to bleed from his struggling against the chains.

Mikey looked over at his father, blood leaking from his mouth. "Daddy, why...? Why couldn't you saved us...?" Mikey was then killed by Shredder.

"Michealangelo, no...!" Splinter cried. Too late...the turtles were dead. "N-No..." He watched in disbelief as Shredder smirked, towering over him.

"I knew you could have protect them, you failed them just you did your wife and child, you fool." Shredder spoke darkly before smirking.

Splinter growled, tears running down his cheeks. Before and could say a word, Shredder was gone and the room was up in flames, on fire.

Splinter coughed, trying to get out with no avail. He looked over at his dead family, tears falling as he felt the fire nick his arms and the smoke overtake him, depriving him of oxygen.

End of nightmare:

Splinter jolted awake. "No...!" He looked around, trying to figure out where he was. He was slightly relieved to see that it was just a nightmare and that he was alive.

That was one of the most vivid nightmares Splinter had ever had. He swore he could feel the flames overtaking him. But it was just a nightmare...

A horrifying, brutal, realistic nightmare...

Splinter was often plagued with these horrific nightmares, but nothing like this. Most of the dreams were of past events, constantly playing around in his subconscious from memories.

He tried to breathe, feeling as if he were suffocating. As if he really was in a smoke-filled room. But there wasn't a trace of smoke anywhere.

He was practically hyperventilating without realizing.

"D-Daddy...?" A sudden voice in the darkness, scaring the daylights out of Splinter, more than he already was. The turtles were standing there, rubbing the sleep from their eyes.

"M-Mosukos...?" Splinter looked at them, blinking back sudden tears. "W-What are you doing awake...?" He tried to keep his voice calm and steady, with no avail.

The turtles climbed into the bed. "We heard you scream, are you okay daddy...?" Leo asked, worried. The turtles looked up at him with big eyes.

"I-I am fine, my cubs...just a bit of a nightmare, nothing to worry about..." Splinter hated lying to them, but he didn't want to worry them this late at night. The turtles didn't believe him.

"No you're not, you're shaking..." Donnie pointed out. Splinter looked at his hands. They were indeed shaking. He took a deep breath to try and calm down. "I  will be f-fine..."

The turtles shook their heads, hugging their father tightly. Splinter hugged them tighter, relived they were alright. This time, he couldn't stop the tears from falling.

The turtles frowned and hugged him tighter. "It's okay daddy, we're fine..." Raph nuzzled him lightly. "Yeah, it was just a bad dream..." Donnie added, looking up at Splinter.

"I...I know, it was just so vivid..." Splinter whispered, his voice breaking as he recalled what he had seen. The turtles frowned more.

Mikey cuddled against his father's chest, listening to his heartbeat which was very fast. "Shh, calm down papa, we're here..." Mikey nuzzled him.

Splinter hugged them tighter, taking a shaky breath. He could hear the turtles churring softly, trying to comfort him. He couldn't help but smile a tiny bit.

"Good daddy, just breath, we're fine...." Leo smiled a little, nuzzling Splinter. The other turtles followed suit, hugging Splinter and nuzzling him. Splinter held them close.

He wasn't breathing as fast and his heart wasn't racing as much anymore. "I am fine now, my cubs...you can go back to sleep if you want..." Splinter assured them, brushing the tears from his eyes.

The turtles looked up af him. "We're not leaving you alone daddy..." Raph said, cuddling up to Splinter. They could see Splinter was still a little shaken up. His eyes were still wide.

Splinter didn't protest. He let the turtles climb into bed with him. The turtles cuddled against their father, hugging him tightly, churring.

Splinter smiled a little, feeling calmer. He hugged his sons close to him, taking a slow deep breath. The turtles smiled up at him, feeling a little sleepy. Splinter held them tightly.

Splinter fell asleep slowly, holding his sons close to him. He was lucky to have some nightly comfort during these troubling nights.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoy the sweet chapter! Aww, poor Splinter...good thing the turtles were there!

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😇😺😸😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕