Fear Factor

Requested by mandylaren23!

Summary: The turtles and Splinter help each other face their fears!

~*~

The turtles and Splinter were in the dojo. "My sons, today we are going to do a little bit of a mind-building excersise." Splinter announced.

The turtles blinked in confusion, looking up. "What do you mean, sensei?" Leo asked as the turtles looked confused. Splinter looked down at them with a small smile.

"Today, we are going to face our fears." Splinter said as the turtle's eyes widened. "F-Face our fears...?" Mikey ashes nervously as all the turtles looked nervous and a little scared.

Splinter nodded. "Yes, my sons...it is fine to be scared, but it is important that we learn to face our fears." The turtles nodded, still a little nervous.

"Leonardo, would you like to go first?" Splinter asked as Leo nodded. Leo took a deep breath. "I'm scared of being a failure by not being able to save you all from Shredder..."

The turtles and Splinter frowned a bit as Mikey sat up. "How are we gonna help Leo face that fear?" Raph asked as Splinter hummed. "I have a solution." The turtles looked at him.

"Leonardo, go outside of the dojo, please." Splinter said as Leo did so, confused. "Pretend the rest of us are stuck in a cell and are in dire need of assistance." Splinter called to him.

Leo blinked. "Would it work better if we all yelled for help?" Mikey asked. "Yes Michealangelo... Leonardo, your job is to get this door open and free us from this room." Splinter called.

The other turtles and Splinter called for help, pretending to be trapped. "Leo, help!" Donnie called. "Shredded had us chained up!" Splinter called. "Get us outta here!" Raph yelled.

"Helpppp!" Mikey yelled as Leo immediately tried opening the door. This felt so real. The door wouldn't open. "I can't get the door open!"

"That is because we are all leaning on it, you just find the strength within you to break through!" Splinter called as Leo moved back, far back.

Then, he ran full speed at the door and rammed into it with his shoulder and arm. The turtles and Splinter fell back and the door opened. They were safe. Leo sighed in relief.

"I did it...I saved you all from Shredder!" Leo grinned, his heart pounding. It really had felt real. He really felt as if his family was in danger. But he'd saved them.

"Good work, Leonardo...by breaking through your fear, you saved us." Splinter patted Leo's arm as the other turtles hugged him. "Nice one, bro!"

Leo smiled proudly as he hugged his brothers and father. Raph gulped, knowing it was his turn. Splinter took them into the sewer tunnels. There were roaches crawling around.

Raph shuddered. "I really hard bugs..." Splinter nodded, placing his paw on Raph's shoulder. "I know Raphael, but I know you can do this..." He smiled a little as Raph took a deep breath. He was ready to face his fear.

Splinter picked up one of the cockroaches. "First, look at it." He instructed Raph who gulped and looked at the bug sitting on his father's hand. He looked scared.

Splinter gently took Raph's hand. "S-Sensei, what are you doing?" Splinter placed the bug on Raph's hand. "Let it walk along your hand, my son."

Raph resisted the urge to swat the bug off of his hand and run away, barely.  "It's okay dude, it won't hurt you!" Mikey grinned. "you can do it, Raph!" Donnie encouraged him.