Your Skin Isn't Paper, Don't Cut It...

For Layanna456!

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter contains depression and self harm, don't read if you may be triggered! This takes place during 'Saved...' a few chapters back!

Summary: Raph finds Donnie self harming and realizes just how much his past words have hurt his younger brother. He tells Splinter what's been going on...

*Gives tissues*

~*~

It was midnight and Raphael couldn't sleep. He just couldn't. Something was keeping him awake but he wasn't sure what. He laid in bed like an insomniac unable to fall asleep.

Eventually, he decided to go to the kitchen to get some water and left his room. On the way there, he passed Donnie's room. The door was closed, but Raph could hear crying coming from the other side. Donnie...

Raph hesitantly knocked on the door. The sound abruptly stopped. "Uh, Don? You okay?" He asked, clearing his throat which was croaky from lack of sleep. "I-I'm fine, Raph."

Donnie's voice told Raph that he wasn't okay. The third youngest's voice was raspy and weak. Raph tried opening the door, but it was locked. "Donnie? Let me in!" He said firmly.

Donnie sighed, opening the door. Raph walked into his brother's room. His eyes widened when he saw a huge puddle of blood on the floor. "D-Don what happened?!" Raph gasped.

Donnie shook his head. He was wearing am oversized sweatshirt. "Nothing, I j-just...accidentally cut myself while working on one of my inventions, it's n-nothing..."

Raph's eyes bugged out of his head in shock. "Nothing? Nothing?! Donnie, there's a puddle of blood right there! Let me see your cut, it's probably so deep it needs stitches!"

Donnie moved back from his brother. He looked pale, paler than usual. "It's just a small cut Raph, I'm f-fine..." His eyes were clouded over and had bags under them. He hadn't been sleeping.

Raph sighed and grabbed his brother's wrist to pull him closer. When he did, Donnie cried out in pain, alarming Raph. The red-masked turtle rolled up his brother's shirt sleeve.

His eyes widened. Donnie had cuts all over his arm and wrist. Only the left one. The right one was clean. "D-Donnie...why...?" Raph knew these were self-inflicted.

Donnie couldn't have hurt himself that much by accident and he had old scars on his arm too, indicating that he'd been doing this a while.

Donnie broke down crying into Raph's arms. "I...I just..." He trailed off, crying. Raph tried to hold back his tears, but failed. "D-Don...why would you do this to yourself, otouto...?"

Donnie choked on sobs. "I...I just feel so useless all the t-tine...I'm the weakest out of all of us, I can't fight well enough and my experiments mess up everything...you said so..."

Raph's eyes widened in hurt and grief. He'd always been hard on Donnie whenever one of his inventions went wrong. Or when Donnie kept his distance from the enemy during fights. He was hard on his brother.

Raph immediately hugged him, crying. "I...I'm so sorry bro, this is ju fault...I shouldn't have said any of that...you're strong, awesome and...smart and you don't deserve to do this to yourself..."

Donnie hugged back tightly, still crying. "B-But I-" Raph cut him off by hugging him tighter and making Donnie look at him. "Your skin isn't paper, don't cut it..." He said firmly.

Donnie took a deep breath, trying to calm down. "I won't Raphie, not anymore...I promise..." Raph hugged his younger brother tighter. "Good..." He then took Donnie to the dojo.

"W-Where are we going?" Donnie asked as Raph led him along. "To wake up daddy, you need medical care and I don't know how to do it." Raph said sternly as Donnie's eyes widened. "Do we have to tell him...?"

Raph sighed. "Yes Don, you need help and...and daddy's the only one who will know what ta do." He knocked on the dojo door where Splinter's bedroom was. He immediately woke up and opened the door.

"My sons? Is everything alright?" Splinter asked in concern. Donnie sighed as Rain held him close. "Daddy, Donnie cut himself...you know, on purpose..." He got teary eyed.

Splinter's eyes widened and filled with tears as well. Donnie told his father what he'd admitted to Raph. Splinter immediately hugged his son tightly, holding back his tears.

"Donatello, Raphael is right, you are very intelligent, caring, loving and string...you help us in so many ways that we cannot even keep count..." Splinter told Donnie as Raph nodded.

Donnie smiled at them both. "You mean it...?" He asked as they nodded and hugged him close. "Every word..." Splinter wrapped Donnie's arm and took away the knife he'd used.

"Donatello, please never do this to yourself again, my son...your skin is not paper, please do you cut it..." Donnie smiled a little bit. "Raphie said that too...I won't daddy, promise..."

The three of them decided to keep this a secret from Leo and Mikey. They didn't want them to know. Especially Donnie. That night, Donnie slept with Raph and Splinter.

But he never did hurt himself again, just like he promised...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey Cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoyed the cute chapter! I know it was sad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: Hey Cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoyed the cute chapter! I know it was sad!

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😇😂😺😻😸💖💋🐢🐭🍕