Actions Speak Louder Than Words

Summary: During an argument with Splinter, Mikey snaps and tells his father about all the times he didn't care about Mikey!

*Offers tissues because this might get a little emotional*

Splinter: *gives me a look* Since when do your books not get emotional?

Good point, sensei!

Anyway, read on!

~*~

"Michealangelo, you must focus on your training." Master Splinter spoke in a neutral tone of voice as he glanced at his young student.

Mikey sighed. "Hai sensei, sorry Sensei..." He looked down at the patterned rug he was kneeling on. "I'll try and do better, I promise..."

Splinter nodded. "Actions speak louder than words, my son." Mikey sighed again. "Hai sensei..." He stood up, feeling like a dissapointment.

Mikey had been goofing off a lot during training and because of this, he had to do extra training and got a stern lecture from Splinter.

But before Mikey could leave the room, Splinter stopped him. "Do not forget your extra training." He said,
since Mikey hadn't done it yet.

Mikey groaned. "But sensei-" Splinter cut Mikey off. "Do as I say, Michealangelo." He said sternly. Mikey sighed in exasperation.

"Well...why do you care anyway?!" Mikey finally snapped. Splinter's eyes widened. Let's just say, he was a little shell-shocked to hear his youngest son say something like that.

"What do you mean by that, Michealangelo?" Splinter asked, evident confusion and worry in his normally calm voice.

Mikey growled. "You don't care about me! When the others got infected by parasitic wasps, where were you when I had to try and save them all by myself?!"

Splinter was speechless. He allowed Mikey to continue his rant. "And when Leo tried to kick me off the team, you didn't do anything!"

Splinter was about to say something, but Mikey cut him off. "You didn't care that I almost died...! You didn't care that I was attacked by Tiger Claw!" He was getting more angry.

Splinter sighed. "Michael-" Mikey cut him off again. "I was desinigrated! I was hurt, but did you care?! No!" Splinter's ears drooped as he allowed Mikey to continue talking.

As much as he wanted to tell his son otherwise, he knew he must wait until Mikey tampered off and calmed down. He knew that Mikey needed to get this off his shell, so that's what Splinter was going to let him do.

"And when Leo asked if any of us could have been leader, and they asked if I could, you said, and I quote, "No, that would have been wrong!'"

Mikey growled. "And that time we brought Leatherhead into the lair, when you said I was right, you followed up that statement with, "I can't believe I am saying that either!'"

Splinter just stayed silent. Mikey had to let this out. The youngest turtle continued to rant. "And what about all those times Raph smacked me?! All the times they hit, yelled at and ridiculed me by calling me names!"

Splinter sighed. He could sense that Mikey was running out of steam. "You don't care! You don't care about me! Everyone always thinks I'm a big screw up and a goofball all the time, but I'm not...!" Mikey yelled.

"You don't care..." The youngest turtle finished, starting to cry as he looked down at the ground. He couldn't believe he'd just said that. He knew he was in for it now.

Splinter wrapped his arms around Mikey, hugging him as tightly as he could. Mikey continued crying. He'd been holding all this back for so long, it just had to come out.

And Splinter knew this, so he didn't say anything. He just sat quietly with his son, rocking him gently in his arms and purring lightly in an attempt to soothe his musuko.

Eventually, Mikey's crying died down. He hung his head, not meeting his father's eyes. He felt ashamed and horrible. He just couldn't believe he'd said those things.

"I...I'm sorry daddy..." Mikey whispered. Splinter sighed. "No Michealangelo, you have nothing to apologise for...you are right..."

Mikey's eyes widened. "I...I am...?" He looked up at his father. Splinter nodded. "You are right, I should not have let your brothers treat you the way they treated you..."

Mikey sensed that his father wanted to keep talking, so he let him. "I realize that I have not treated you as fairly as the rest of your brothers, and for that, I am sorry, Michealangelo..."

Mikey smiled a little bit as Splinter continued talking. "You are a bright, creative, optimistic turtle Michealangelo, and I admire that about you...you always know when the right thing needs to be done..."

Mikey smiled a bit more. "My son...I do care about you." Splinter whispered. "I love you very much..." He continued talking more.

"As your sensei, your teacher...I had to be strict with you and allow you to handle some things on your own, such as make a cure for your brothers, but it was not because I did not care..."

"I wanted to allow you the freedom to figure this out on your own...but, if you had struggled with making the cure, I would have gladly stepped in to assist you...but you did it, Michealangelo...you did it."

Mikey grinned proudly. "Yeah, I did...I was able to figure it out myself..." Splinter nodded, continuing with a small sighs as he looked at Mikey.

"As your sensei, it is my job to teach you, to allow you to make mistakes so that you can learn from them and grow, and to give you a chance to stand up for yourself..."

Mikey nodded with a small smile as Splinter took a deep breath. "But, as your father, I just want you to be happy and save..." Mikey smiled more as he hugged his father.

"I know, daddy...I understand, and it's okay, I forgive you..." Mikey whispered with a soft purr. Splinter smiled, rubbing away the tears from his eyes as he wrapped his arms around his youngest son.

"I know you care..." Mikey said softly. Splinter nodded, hugging Mikey close, purring softly. "I do...I love you, Michealangelo..." Splinter whispered. "I love you too, daddy..."

Splinter smiled down at his youngest son as they embraced. The only sound in the room was the pair's quiet purring as they hugged each other.

Because, as two wise souls once said, actions speak louder than words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoy the sweet chapter! Aww! I actually got a little emotional writing this, I don't know why! Well, I hope you enjoyed!

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😇😸😸😻💖💋🐭🐢🍕