Control

Requested by mandylaren23

Summary: With the rise of Rat King once again, Splinter funds himself in deep trouble...luckily, he is saved by the turtles once more!

I'm adding a song into this oneshot! It's 'Control' by Zoey Wees! It fits this so well, so please listen to it! I'll put it in the chapter! The song will be in italics, I'll let you know when!

*Gives tissues*

~*~

Splinter stood in the dojo, scanning his eyes across the room. He felt a dull headache forming and an odd feeling that something was off.

Splinter only had this type of headache twice. Both times, he was mind-controlled by Rat King. "Not now, not again..." He growled slightly under his breath.

Splinter had thought Rat King was dead. Long gone. Just a bad memory. Right? Wrong...he was alive and he was coming after Splinter once again.

(Here's the video! Play it and listen to it! I'm putting the lyrics in italics! Imagine this playing in the background as Splinter's thoughts!)

Splinter winced in pain as he took a deep breath, trying not to let himself be taken over or lost control...but it was hard...Rat King was more powerful than ever.

Early in the morning I still get a little bit nervous, fighting my anxiety constantly, I try to control it~

Splinter could feel his heart racing. He knew what was going to happen. If he got taken over again, what would happen to him? To his sons?

Even when I know it's been forever I can still feel the spin, hurts when I remember and I never want to feel it again~

Slightly dark thoughts plagued his mind. Rat King was trying to get to him. Splinter pinched the bridge of his nose, wincing in pain.

Don't know of you get it cause I can't express how thankful I am, that you were always with me when it hurts I know that you would understand~

He looked at the framed photo of him and his sons. Splinter couldn't let himself hurt them...they had saved him twice, he only hoped they could save him again.

I don't want to lose control...nothing I can do anymore, trying every when I hold my breath, spinning out of space pressing on my chest~

Splinter felt like he was losing himself. His eyes turned red for a split seconds, then turned back to normal as he attempted to fight off Rat King.

I don't want to lose control~

Splinter took a few deep breaths. He could feel it coming. The dull ache was turning more agonizing. Splinter gripped his head with one hand.

Sometimes I think it is coming but I know it's not, trying to still breath in and then out but the air gets caught~

Splinter coughed, pressing a hand firmly to his chest. Was Rat King trying to kill him? Or incompacite him? Splinter didn't know.

Cause even though I'm older now I know how to shake off the past, I wouldn't have made it I didn't have you holding my hand~

Splinter's eyes cast upon another photo of him and his sons. He picked it up and held it, trying to suppress the mind control.