Saved...

For mandylaren23!

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter mentions a suicide attempt, you have been warned!

*Offers tissues*

You're about to cry!

~*~

Splinter laid on his futon in his bedroom. He wasn't sure why he was awake all of a sudden, but something was telling him that something was very, very wrong.

Splinter felt a deep feeling of dread. He hasn't felt this in a long time. His mind was restless. The wise rat knew he had to check on his sons. He sensed...darkness looming in the air.

Splinter snuck out of bed to Michealangelo's room, since the youngest turtle was prone to nightmares and sleepwalking. Peeking into Mikey's room, Splinter saw that his youngest son was asleep.

Splinter then checked on Raph who sometimes stayed up late punching his bag or watching YouTube when he had trouble sleeping. Raph was fast asleep though. He was out cold.

Splinter then checked on his oldest son. Leo occasionally suffered from nightmares. Leo was asleep as well though. That only left one turtle: Donnie. Splinter went to Donnie's room. He felt more dread deep in his soul as he did so. His mind raced.

As Splinter opened the door to Donnie's lab, for some reason he felt extremely worried. Splinter looked inside to see Donnie standing in the middle of his lab, about to drink a chemical from a vial.

Splinter's eyes widened. "Donatello, yame!" He yelled, startling Donnie who dropped the chemical he had just been about to ingest. Donnie froze and looked at his father in shock. His eyes were noticably dull.

The reddish liquid seeped into the lab floor, creating a deadly puddle. "D-Daddy...?" Donnie whispered.  Splinter immediately hugged Donnie, feeling tears burn his reddish-brown eyes. "Donatello...what are you trying to do...?" He choked out in a whisper.

Donnie started to cry despite his best efforts not to. He couldn't believe he'd almost took his own life. If his father hadn't come...Donnie sobbed against his father's kimono as Splinter held his second youngest son tightly.

The two sat there for a while, hugging each other. Splinter couldn't believe what he'd just walked into. If he hadn't come in time...he had known something was wrong...but this?

He hugged Donnie tighter, crying in relief and anguish. He could have lost his son tonight. Thank goodness his sixth sense powers were kicking in when they did...he almost lost him...

"I...I was trying to commit suicide..." Donnie whispered once he calmed down enough to speak. Splinter's ears drooped a more tears fell. "C-Can you please tell me why, aka-chan...?"

Donnie took a deep shuddering breath. "I'm just...I'm useless, and I'm so weird and awkward...and my experiments always mess things up for everyone, I'm just a freak..."

Splinter's heart broke as he listened to his son speak. He wrapped his arms around Donnie, holding him tighter, still crying. "Donatello, you are not a freak...you are my son and I love you...!" He spoke firmly, but gently.

Donnie looked down, his eyes still dulled. "You may make mistakes with your mistakes sometimes, but that does not matter, you help us more than you will ever know..."

Donnie looked up at his father, brushing his tears away. "Y-You mean that...?" He asked in a whisper, his voice raw from crying so hard. His eyes were bloodshot. Splinter's were as well. "Of course I do, Donatello..."

Donnie leaned against his father. "I...I didn't want to die daddy, I swear...I just felt so useless, I'm the smartest one but I'm also the weakest...I can't fight that well and I feel like I'm holding everyone back..."

Splinter pulled Donnie closer to him, wiping his tears away. "Everyone has their strengths, my son...you are not useless and you do not hold us back...you are stronger than you know, not in brawn, but in brain..."

Donnie listened to his father, leaning his head against his shoulder. "Thanks daddy, I needed that..." He whispered with a small smile as Splinter smiled a sad smile and held Donnie closer.

Donnie cuddled up against his father. "I'm sorry daddy..." He whispered as he looked down. Splinter shook his head, stroking Donnie's head lightly. "You have nothing to be sorry about..."

Donnie leaned against Splinter. He was feeling a little better, but was still kind of upset. He'd hidden these feelings for so long...they just needed to come out. He was grateful the poison has spilled. It was a chemical.

Donnie wasn't even sure if it would have killed him. But, in that moment, he was desperate. "Thanks for coming in daddy..." He whispered. Splinter held Donnie closer to his chest.

"I had a feeling something was wrong...I was right..." Splinter replied, nuzzling Donnie who had tears in his eyes. "I almost took my life..." Splinter got tears in his eyes as well. "But you did not...you were saved..."

Both starred crying again, this time in relief. Father and son held each other tightly, letting everything out. Both were thankful everything turned out fine because this could have been so much worse...

After a while, Donnie sat up. "Daddy...?" He rubbed his red-rimmed eyes. "Yes, my son...?" Splinter whispered. "Can we keep this between us please...? I don't want anyone else to know about it..."

Splinter nodded, hugging Donatello closer. "I promise..." He couldn't imagine how the other turtles, April, Casey and Karai would have reacted of Donnie had done the deed. Not to mention all of their close friends.

Donnie smiled a little. "Thanks daddy...I love you..." Splinter held him with a sad, small smile. "I love you too, Donatello..." He didn't leave Donnie for the rest of that night. No one knew...that's how they wanted it.

Several days after that incident, Splinter made sure to constantly check on Donnie to make sure he was okay. He also made sure to have Kirby, who was a phycologist, talk with Donnie as well and help him.

Donnie couldn't have been more thankful. He felt so lucky to have such a loving family and such close friends. And they all felt lucky to have Donnie. Donnie wouldn't be here if it weren't for splinter...He'd been saved...

All thanks to his father's insomnia...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoy the chapter! Thank goodness Donnie saved Splinter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N: Hey cheesecicles! I really hope you enjoy the chapter! Thank goodness Donnie saved Splinter!

~Kittymasterofall14
😘😍😊😂😇😸😻😺💖💋🐭🐢🍕