Growl at Your Fears

"Better," Ultra Magnus nodded as he watched (Y/D)'s form with each copied punch

         "Better," Ultra Magnus nodded as he watched (Y/D)'s form with each copied punch. "Twist your wrist more going out, it creates a cork-screw motion and results in faster momentum."

He was surprised her comprehension was so well tuned in. It made teaching her much easier than he initially thought it would be. Predaking had said she understood reading, writing and spoken language but Ultra Magnus believed the youngling to be primitive after the destruction to his living quarters. Thunderwing didn't speak much, however, and the femme may have taken advantage of that.

         "Now add the low sweep of the pede-"

The two practiced the motion slowly since she had learned it only yesterday, and he wanted her to take her time in learning the art of combat. 

         "You're doing well," he told her, offering an energon pop, the closest thing to a lollipop in Cybertronian terms, though it wasn't sweet. She took it gladly, shoving the entire thing in her intake, stick and all. She spit the stick back in his servo once her body had processed it and turned it into a ball. "Uh- thank you," the mech cringed as he tossed the stick in a waste transport.

     The two were in a large gym area, underneath Ultra Magnus' dwelling. He preferred the privacy when he was training or keeping in shape. Oftentimes it was memories and mistakes that played in his processor that drove him to train, so he wanted to be able to let his frustrations out without anyone else knowing of his agony. It was easy to do, until (Y/D) and Thunderwing became a factor. It wasn't a concern usually, as he always sent the youngling with the Minicon for a snack, and they wouldn't come back for a peaceful half an Earth hour. Today (Y/D) had sharper audio.

     Taking a few more sips of her energon, the femmeling hopped from her chair, plodding toward the sink to put her cup in. It made it's usual clatter but a harsh banging noise followed after, making the Predacon squeak. She looked to Thunderwing, who was bouncing on a datapad to type something. He did that often when Ultra Magnus wasn't around, and she was curious as to why, but knew not to get into other bot's business. Instead she searched for that noise- It had come from underneath, she deduced, and followed that hypothesis with quiet pedesteps. The door had closed behind her, a slight dilemma since it squeaked, but she waited for the rhythmic sound to appear again before quickly rushing it open and closed. 

The noise stopped.

She wondered why Ultra Magnus had all the lights off-

Being careful with her bigger wings on the stairs, (Y/D) descended silently, the sound of a metal fist hitting a metal wall all too familiar. She heard bots do it in frustration, many times, but in the dark?

     Peering past a pillar, holding up the upper story, her unblinking red optics eyed the leaking blue optics of Ultra Magnus. He was aiming for the mat hanging on the wall, but his aim was off from the fluids running out of his optics. He was holding his crushed servo, the one that was once a claw, but when Cybertron was back up and running, Knockout had gladly replaced the appendage properly. The mech had turned the lights off because he swore he saw shadows- young mechs and femmes eager to serve the Autobot cause, only to burn. One was arrogant, he should have kept a closer optic on him. Another just wanted to help his teammates, but that resulted in his capture. A femme wished so badly to be a medic, but her model was perfect for stealth, and she was forced into the front lines where she perished. 

     What would (Y/D) do? Would she be too selfless and die protecting her friends if the Predacons were to attack? Would she turn on them with this gained knowledge, and have to be murdered for the safety of the planet? Perhaps she does not wish to learn to fight, and no one has bothered to ask her because of an expectation of her species being naturally violent. Was he ruining her fragile processor with the idea that war was just around the corner? If she were to become paranoid it would be his fault- he didn't want that. Her smile was wide and disarming, yes, but it was full of joy. So many young smiles were lost for the Autobot cause. Did (Y/D) have to lose hers too?

         "Magnum?" 

     The small whisper of a voice made him jump, looking around frantically before his glowing optics found the unblinking rubies that stared up at him. The mech sighed in relief, wiping the lubricants from his optics. He didn't know how much she saw or heard, but hoped it wasn't too much. He always muttered his thoughts to himself.

         "It's Magnus," he corrected, "Where is Thunderwing? I thought he took you to have a snack." 

         "He... He's not paying to much mind to me."

         "Clearly," the mech sighed.

Ultra Magnus was only one of two who knew of her ability to speak fluently, although sometimes she'd lapse into a more childlike speech. He had asked her if the others knew, and she gladly explained it was her and Tapper's secret, now Ultra Magnus's as well. 

         "I am glad to know you are not scared of the dark," the turquoise mech decided to note with a small smile.

         "The dark hides me," her sharpened denta were illuminated by the red of her optics, causing a rather foreboding appearance, "but... why are you scared of lightness?"

         "I am not scared of the light, simply needed to rest from it." 

     The Predacon femme shook her helm, taking Ultra Magnus' servo in her two smaller ones as she examined the damage. The digits were completely lifeless, the joints locked in a loose fist from hitting the metal wall where a dent now resided. Ultra Magnus wondered what she was doing as the femme kissed his servo. He blinked in confusion, only to find the appendage... fully functional. 

He hadn't even felt anything.

         "If you are not afraid of light, then you are scared of what it lightens up." She stated simply, "When I'm afraid of something, I growl at it." The creature giggled, optics bobbing up and down as she jumped. "Then it goes away! Now growl."

The mech's optic brows furrowed. This was odd. He swore his servo needed repairs not two seconds ago, and now this youngling acts as if she had not done some sort of miracle. Instead she was trying to teach a childish way to deal with fears and memories far more mature than she was. To keep her happy, he played along, giving a half hearted 'grr'.

         "No- a growl! Like this." Her optic glow made her talons and sneer visible as she gave a beastly, low growl from her gullet. She smiled innocently afterwards. "You try! I'm a scary creature coming to steal your... um-" she thought a moment, "your energon sweets! That's scary."

     Ultra Magnus had to chuckle first before pausing, as if thinking, then gave a low growl as he quickly scooped the femmeling up, making her squeal in surprised delight.

         "If you're after my energon sweets I'll have to fight you, we both know that."

         "Aw- am I that predicable?" The she-beast frowned at this, Ultra Magnus setting her down.

         "It's 'predictable'," he corrected, "And yes. But don't worry, more training and practicing while you are not here will solve that dilemma."

The youngling cheered, hugging the friendly giant as he pat her helm. They both went upstairs, Ultra Magnus letting her run ahead before turning to close the door. A shadow caught the corner of his optic, glaring with empty sockets at their unintentional murderer. The mech growled at the apparition, and it melted back into the darkness, leaving his thoughts at ease.

 The mech growled at the apparition, and it melted back into the darkness, leaving his thoughts at ease