Tension

"I'm sorry (Y/D), Skylynx couldn't come today-" Darksteel grumbled, trying to keep the transformed youngling from the entrance of Predaking's home so she wouldn't be seen

         "I'm sorry (Y/D), Skylynx couldn't come today-" Darksteel grumbled, trying to keep the transformed youngling from the entrance of Predaking's home so she wouldn't be seen. Him and his brother had fought earlier and Skylynx, in spite, took off to let him take care of (Y/D) on his own. It was petty of him, but the stress of the slowly rising rebellion within their kind was making them edgy, even towards each other. Darksteel pulled (Y/D) down from the air when she decided to try and sneak out above him.

         "Little one, I might be simple but I know strategy," he advised, then gave a soft smile as she pouted cutely, "How about... we play a little game?" she seemed to perk up at this, staring at him with those unblinking optics.

     Darksteel set her on the table, taking a cube from a drawer before pressing a button on the bottom, making a hologram of the Predacon lands to appear. Setting it on the table, the Predacon chuckled as the femmeling waved a servo through it, giggling.

         "This is home," he acted like he was holding the light show, "All of it is ours- and this," he tapped the cube, and many little dwellings appeared in the midst of the expanse of land, some having smoke or steam coming from vents, "This is what it will look like when our king puts things in order."

The (F/C) and (S/C) youngling stared, watching the digital wafts of false clouds rise and fizzle out when it reached the holographic barrier. She cooed, transforming to her beast mode and sniffing it before switching back, pumping her wings just to land on the other side of it. She pointed at the biggest structure, looking to Darksteel curiously.

         "That's the meeting hall," he smiled, "It's set perfectly between the two borders- not yet established but the strip of land it sits on will be communal for both Predacons and Humanoids!"

     The mech was so proud of the idea, (Y/D) could tell, but she could sense the unrest in her brothers down below. She didn't need to step out of her guardian's home to know what he was trying to control. A rising cacophony of doom and gloom that was even reaching the Autobot's and their attempt to create a utopia. (Y/D) already knew it was a vain goal, and they tried without even realizing it. She wished she was big enough to do something about it- But while she waited to grow, the youngling busied herself with learning. She pointed at the dwelling, specifically the one closest to the border.

         "That's a scout tower. While we are at peace, who knows what may happen in the future, and we few are too old to continue on. It is simply disguised as a safe house or a meeting place for small gatherings."

It was rather obvious either way- even (Y/D) knew that. 

     She pointed at the next dwelling, part of a series that simply continued to climb upwards until it hit the middle, where the tallest building sat, only reaching ten stories high, but it wasn't as elaborate or beautiful as the meeting hall, which simply had a high ceiling.

         "Unlike the Autobots, who build higher buildings to make their border, we want to look welcoming, yet powerful. To make many big buildings as our border is like blocking them out, as they do us. But this is also far more magnificent to look at-" he changed the view to look as if you were seeing it from the ground, making (Y/D) coo at it with delight, clapping her servos, wings fluttering. It really was pretty. She'd ask what colors would dot the surfaces but she'd rather ask Tapper. He liked to talk, but he liked to listen. Darksteel and Skylynx were wonderful playmates, enthusiastic yet careful, and Predaking was a wonderful teacher. She loved hearing his voice and how he taught her their history, what was known anyway. She was learning basic math, reading and writing. Of course he wasn't sure if she could speak yet. He only knew she could read after she started writing sentences that actually made sense; like 'The minicon jumped over the lazy bot'.

         "Darksteel," the two's attention were brought to Skylynx, who had landed while his brother was explaining the hologram to their young charge. "I'm afraid I must apologize. I did not mean to snap as I did." 

     (Y/D) grinned, looking at her big brother as he mulled over this apology.

         "We are both stressed, I forgive you. I'm sorry I bit your wing- how is it?"

The smaller bot nodded, picking up their little sister before speaking of his own health.

         "Perfectly fine after a short flight. Certainly a needed one, I haven't had a calming breeze brush my wings in days-" He chuckled as (Y/D) nuzzled his neck cables, giggly and happy, "But I'm afraid our squabble hasn't gone unnoticed..."

     To this Darksteel nodded, a grave expression on his faceplate as he glanced towards the entrance. It wouldn't be long when their brothers below made their move. The two were still on good terms with them, but that relationship was thinning as the many mechs started listening less and less to Predaking, while they remained loyal- Why they remained as such... well, they wouldn't admit it to Predaking, but they remained loyal for the only femme to live since the Great Cataclysm. She was so fragile, yet acted so invincible, they worried over her enough to make a proper human father proud. They taught her how to aim her acid bursts, even finding she can create a hardened shell around this dangerous liquid and create a form of grenade, though she can only make about two. They put as much time into this femmeling as they could- not for Predaking, but because they believed there was something more to this other half of the Predacon species. 

         "We need to tell Predaking about the mechs breaking curfew," Skylynx sighed, "The Autobots are having a similar dilemma, but we cannot control their kind."

         "Their law breakers are just drunks anyway," Darksteel shook his helm, "I don't understand why these missing bots of theirs are so important when every one of them has been a law-breaking, good-for-nothing mech or femme that milks their system."

         "We can't afford to be extinct again," Skylynx growled. "If we go, another insane scientist will find our rusted corpses and history will repeat. I might not care for the Humanoids but Cybertron is our home too. What would become of it if another war broke out?" 

Darksteel looked to the floor, glancing back up when he heard (Y/D) whimper, and both Predacons apologized to her for starting another argument.

        "We'll inform Predaking," Darksteel nodded.