Lack of Mentors

"She needs to roam," Skylynx sighed, "(Y/D) is becoming restless with these new wings

         "She needs to roam," Skylynx sighed, "(Y/D) is becoming restless with these new wings."

         "I cannot take her so discreetly," Predaking explained, "While our brethren do not seem to notice whether I go or not, I assure they know plenty well when I am gone, and whether I have brought something (or someone) with me."

     This had been the topic for quite some time within the week they had gained the growing (Y/D) back and indeed, she was becoming far more active, no longer resting so often, and appearing far more curious. Of course, this curiosity had been there long before, she just knew now was the time to let it bubble and burst out into sight. They were glad she was currently content, fussing with the horn of Skystalker. 

         "Perhaps Tapper can disguise her and take her around the Autobot's cities!" Darksteel suggested, but this idea was met with pure appall by Predaking. 

         "Then her own home will look like nothing," the king responded, "or she will become curious. What are we to do if the others find her? If this mysterious, murderous Predacon finds her she will have no chance against him."

         "Have you even begun to teach her how to fight?" Skylynx finally voiced his nagging opinion, "Darksteel is teaching her battle strategy, I teach her word writing and grammar, you have taught these as well as mathematics and others. Even Tapper does his part and has taught her manners, safety and other dangers in the Autobot cities. All three of us have taught her flight, awareness and trusting our senses, but could she fight with a chance if the need arose?"

     To this Predaking was silent. No, he had not taught her how to fight. He saw her as such a fragile little thing, needing protection and constantly watched over. She was still so small, and helpless it seemed. Sure, she could look menacing but if she came face to face with an opponent, she was still small, and knew barely the basics of combat. Even if a war was not raging, disaster could strike. He did not think her brethren, nor any humanoid would attack her out of spite, she was too charming and sweet, but out of fear? Most likely. Even the king of beasts himself had been disarmed by her appearance alone. 

         "I see your point, Skylynx," the powerful leader nodded, watching as the she-beast started to gnaw on a metal pipe, covering it in a (F/C) glowing ooze that made it sizzle and melt. She perked up when the three mechs stared at her a moment, dropping the pipe and waddling over in her squatty Predacon form. (Y/D) seemed to give a beastly grin at the three as she was lifted into the air once she transformed, her wings awkward with the new bulk, but she could fly in her Predacon form now.

         "Then we shall teach her to fight?" Darksteel grinned widely, hopping on his pedes as he looked to his brother, also grinning.

         "A compromise will have to be made," Predaking told them with a serious expression, "We will not like it, but for the sake of our relations with the Autobots, we will have to."