Predator

It felt like eons before Predaking was able to speak with the Autobots and convince them that he could go to Earth without destroying everything

     It felt like eons before Predaking was able to speak with the Autobots and convince them that he could go to Earth without destroying everything. Skylynx and Darksteel were left behind, not having any interest in this 'dirt' planet. Predaking didn't mind. He was more focused on seeing his beautiful forest.

         Yes, his forest.

     The humans tended to stay well away from it because of the wolves that took over the grounds. They had originally wanted to eradicate the spare hares, a constant nuisance, but the introduction of the female and male to the expanse of land resulted in a total take over, and the packs transitioned to bigger kills, like deer. The state had ordered for the packs to be thinned out, but no one was brave enough to go in. Not when the smartest wolf continued to reign.

         No, this wasn't Predaking.

     This wolf was immense- its muscled form covered in sleek, silver fur. Predaking adored her.

         "Hello," he knelt down, letting the female lick his talon, "I'm sorry I had left for so long."

Of course he knew they could not understand him. Only when he was in beast form could they mildly understand, but this was not some animal language most humans fantasize about. No, the closest explanation would be if humans used sign language, but it didn't do these animals justice. These creatures used smell, hearing, touch and aura.

     The female trotted off ahead of the Predacon, the mech following with interest when she looked back towards him. She flicked rocks with her back paws, peeking over a small boulder. When Predaking arrived she growled, but this was not a show of aggression towards him. Out popped three little pups, a fourth brought out in the female's maw. The three little ones sniffed at Predaking with interest until he transformed, making them scatter. Although his interest was pointed towards the lifeless pup in its mother's maw.

         She dropped it on the rock, the limp body rolling like a rag doll.

     Examining the deceased creature, Predaking saw that it had been bitten by a snake, his wolf ally having been growling at the pups for trying to eat at the corpse earlier. She whined, pushing the dead thing with her snout toward Predaking. The beast hummed his apologies, blowing a hot burst towards the corpse and watched it gracefully burn into the cool air. The mourning mother howled, making the other three howl along with the rest of the wandering pack, hidden elsewhere.

     A cracking twig alerted the group of wild beasts, a rumbling taking over the ground that Predaking knew was not of his doing. The pups escaped into their hidden cave, their mother pushing them faster with her muzzle as the trees shook. Predaking leapt to the other side to ensure their rock structure did not crush them from the sudden awakening of the Earth's crust- but as soon as it started it stopped, and the trees halted their swaying gently.

         A breeze flittered by softly and the birds began to sing again.

         All was well.

     Predaking did not wish to leave, but as more sparks came from the Well, more potential Predacons could be made- Skylynx and his brother Darksteel were no longer the only ones under his rule. Many more have been created, and not through scientific means. Their bodies, yes- but their sparks were forged by Primus himself, having found their way to the lonely Predacons through the peaceful guidance of said creator. Predaking enjoyed welcoming his new subjects but he wondered why he still felt so out of place.

     His spark ached. He wished to rule, and now that is exactly what he does. Predaking reached his goal and is not unsatisfied, but it did not sit right with him to be in this position of power- to listen to everyone's ailments and petty squabbles and have to solve them on the spot.

         "Yet it is rightfully mine," he growled to himself, having separated from the pack, sitting on a cliff side overlooking the never ending forest in his alternate form.

     He heard birds, snakes, other chattering beings that he growled at if they came too close. Some seemed very comfortable around him and others were permanently petrified of him.

         "My spark aches for nothing," he told himself, half expecting this nagging feeling to simply disappear- yet it remained. The powerful beast took a stone, a boulder to most humans, and rolled it down the cliff side. It ran into a tree, making a flurry of birds rise, only to fall back down, silhouetted by the sunset.

         "I am in my rightful place," he told himself, something Predaking had been trying to tell himself often, "I am where my spark had yearned to be before. I am-"

     He looked down, watching the alpha female run beside her mate towards the boulder, the three pups close behind. One could easily mistake the alpha for the female but in this case some genetics, long lost from the original pair, had mutated or was amplified. But it was not these he stared at fondly- it was the pups. Playful, grinning, and soon to be taught how to take charge of their own packs. Predaking did not have this time in his life. No sort of peace or tranquility of childish play.

     His spark thrummed at the thought of being able to play with a small, careless Predacon- a youngling, he'd call it.

     But so little is still known of their race. No Cybertronian can reproduce as humans or wolves can. There is no such biology, everyone knew that, and beings like him found it disgusting.

         "A proper heir would need to be raised," he spoke his thoughts, as he so often did when alone, "Taught by the ruler first hand then sent with his own pack to begin elsewhere. I cannot have these thoughts without having thought them before- in a life so long ago- the bones forgot. And history erased."

         He punched the cliff's edge.

     If only he could remember his past life. They've found every Predacon bone possible amongst the ruins that weren't tainted by dark energon and no beasts formed have been as strong as him.

         Looking at the female, he realized something-

         There was not a single femme among his citizens.

         "Insecticons have this variation," he muttered, "So do the Autobots."

He looked east, toward the destroyed Project Predacon.

         "Perhaps we do as well."

     The beast transformed, taking flight to the destroyed labs he held so much hope in before being betrayed.

----------~----------

It's been plaguing me for awhile so here's my new Predaking story! I hope you guys enjoy it like you have my others :3

-Heading title and ending note inspired by @Freedom_Writer3 (Also my editor! Thank you so much for helping me make my story polished and shiny :3) and herwonderful story: Never AgainFeel free to go check her beautiful writing out!

wonderful story: Never Again
Feel free to go check her beautiful writing out!