Meeting Ultra Magnus

"Her armor is strong," Ultra Magnus nodded, watching as the femme Predacon rolled around with the Minicon who had recently joined the mech on his escapades

         "Her armor is strong," Ultra Magnus nodded, watching as the femme Predacon rolled around with the Minicon who had recently joined the mech on his escapades. It was interesting to watch a creature the size of Predaking's beastly helm and neck play with someone so small. "I'd be willing to teach her as long as she knows to obey proper command."

         "She is fully capable of understanding commands, but she is not a soldier," Predaking frowned.

         "I know this," the teal blue mech nodded, smiling softly when the she-beast neared him with a wide grin, knocking over a chair in the kitchen of his home with her tail. He pat her large helm with a low chuckle. "I have no intent to turn her into one. Though tensions arise, I would not train her to be a soldier so young, lest she believe every waking moment could be war."

The king nodded in agreement to this philosophy, picking the large femme up with a chuckle as she transformed.

         "I found it quite unbelievable you were able to hide her for so many months," Ultra Magnus watched the two, "With her size and curiosity, one would be certain she would have been found long before now."

         "She might be curious and have a Predacon's intimidation, but (Y/D) is not often disobedient. She knows and understands her boundaries."

     They spoke of what she knew, Ultra Magnus informing that he would ensure she also knew Autobot battle strategy. Predaking was grateful, walking with the smaller mech he knew the Autobot Wheeljack would often call 'shoulder pads', a rather rude nickname. The king respected his air of responsibility and strict leadership, but he had obviously softened as he gently chided the youngling and the Minicon when he realized they tried to follow the two mechs on their formal walk in the streets of Cybertron. The smaller beings trudged back inside the mech's dwelling.

         "Is it wise to leave them as we are?" Predaking questioned, "What if someone chooses to roam inside?"

         "Unlike you and your people, we have locked doors," Ultra Magnus noted, "We might trust many of our neighbors, but no matter where you look, there will always be enemies."

They started their walk again.

     Predaking explained some of the finer details of (Y/D)'s abilities and how she came to be. A mystery as well as an oddity. Ultra Magnus asked a few more questions of who else had been watching her, surprised at hearing that the Liquor Specialist had gladly volunteered- well, not so much 'gladly', Predaking chuckled as he remembered the scared look on his friend's faceplate. He told of the theory he had of her sudden appearance at the mine: she was living there beforehand, and only came up from its depths when he announced his presence above it the night he had gone looking for Predacon bones.

         "An unknown creature and your first instinct is to bring it to your own home?" Ultra Magnus raised an optic brow, "Seems rather foolish to me. Considering her appearance, I bet even you would have been put off even a bit."

         "I will admit, I was, but I learned to trust instinct. My processor said one thing, my spark said another, and instinct agreed with my spark." The kingly beast glanced at their surroundings, noticing the streets were practically empty on their side, the sidewalk on the other side being used the most as well as the road.

He huffed.

         "You think it is good for your reputation to have a Predacon as company amongst the public?"

         "They can think what they want, pay no mind, but for us to live in harmony, even the slight resemblance of; they must become accustomed to seeing your kind in the streets, in the skies and even below the surface, as we are expanding every day." Ultra Magnus gave kind and constructive words. He certainly was not as harsh as he was during the war, though if it was needed, he would probably gladly command a platoon with the sternness of a drill sergeant.

         "Each passing day, that hope dwindles to a smaller coal."

         "I have heard of the unrest in your tribe. It troubles those of us here as well as you. From what Bumblebee has told me there is only one suspect. Sinnertwin, yes?" He earned a nod, "We have a group we have been watching for some time. They are an Anti-Predacon group, although they claim to be anti-war. Unfortunately, both bodies found have been of this group."

     Predaking was surprised he spoke so openly about this case in the public, but the population that passed them on the highway were going so quick you often couldn't tell what color they were, and those on the other side were highly unlikely to be able to hear them. Still Predaking tried to choose his words wisely.

         "When the first was found it was before the storm, I doubt many were out, but I cannot be for sure. The second subject was found at night, offlined only a few hours prior, all of my citizens had been accounted for already."

         "Certainly a vexing situation," Ultra Magnus shook his helm with an empty sigh, "and your two trusted mechs are-"

         "Not a suspect," he shook his helm immediately when he understood the question, "They have been patrolling, watching the youngling or speaking with me. Very little do they leave our grounds, and only when our charge was with your team did they come to your cities."

     The two turned, having gone in a full circle and were coming back to the blue-ish teal mech's home, often vacant because of his adventures around Cybertron. Predaking had asked if this was inspired by Wheeljack's adventures among the galaxies, looking for lost sparks among the stars. It was an immediate and defensive 'no'. Home world exploration was far different than exploration off world, the smaller mech explained. Ultra Magnus still was not a fan of the reckless mech. 

         "I see," he nodded his satisfaction. These two Predacons seemed trustworthy, and he was glad of that. "Then I shall leave other suspicions for other bots."

They entered, finding the place a mess. The Minicon was trying to raise a chair while (Y/D) made another fall, chewing on a lamp. Ultra Magnus dragged a servo down his faceplate as he grumbled.

         "Thunderwing," the mech shook his helm, "This is not what I meant when I said to keep her busy."

----------~----------

Thunderwing is a canon character seen in Transformers: Armada and other continuities.