A War Monger's Anger

"But everything is stable?" Bumblebee asked for the seventh time, resulting in the agent on the other side sighing, explaining things slowly again, but it didn't help his frazzled circuits any

          "But everything is stable?" Bumblebee asked for the seventh time, resulting in the agent on the other side sighing, explaining things slowly again, but it didn't help his frazzled circuits any. He was going to ask another question but the human hung up, saying he needed to catch up on paperwork since Fowler was no longer there to keep things in order. The mech sighed, looking at a datapad. It was the one he needed, and he was glad to have found it as quickly as he did. Who knows what would have happened if he didn't.

         "Arcee," he called from the office, and the femme came in with a perked interest.

         "If this is about Predaking, he hasn't scheduled a meeting today."

         "Fortunately no, it's not," the yellow and black bot admitted, "well, in a roundabout way it is- we're starting to report more Predacon sightings in the lesser populated areas. No bot has gone missing, but with Predaking's help we've found that they used to not be able to consume just any filtered energon, or even raw energon."

         "They feasted on bots like us," she nodded, "you think they're planning to start that up again?"

         "Not exactly," Bumblebee stood up, holding another data pad. He scrolled through this one for a few minutes before handing it to Arcee. "This Predacon in particular has been stalking the citizens. There's no video evidence, he's smarter than that, and he doesn't do it often. We've received three complaints so far, but these were bystanders watching over a drunkard. Two saw the same mech being stalked while the third was an overcharged femme being stalked."

     Arcee scrutinized the photo, memorizing the mech's two forms to recognize him later on.

         "There is only one Predacon with this frame?"

         "There were many forms, they've only repeated the cloning process once, but the first one of similar make was destroyed in a construction accident." Bumblebee took the data pad once Arcee had memorized their appearance, "he was one of the few Bulkhead enjoyed talking to."

     The femme simply nodded.

         "And you want me to do what about it? Predaking won't be pleased if we tell him we're assuming this wayward beast of his is causing trouble. But it's hard to believe he's just making sure his neighbors get home safely."

         "Perhaps not, but as he worries for the safety of his kind, we worry for the safety of ours, and this is not safe."

     Arcee followed behind the young leader. Ultra Magnus had finally retired as the "commander in chief", giving this responsibility to Bumblebee, who fretted over his duties as the older mech remembered Optimus doing so many years ago. Ultra Magnus instead explored Cybertron and helped those who needed it, though he refused to say these journeys were inspired by Wheeljack's ever present adventuring; but thanks to these much smaller escapades this dangerous Predacon was found. Some bots saw him as more of a hypothetical father figure after time and losing Optimus finally wore down his hardened, always on-guard spark.