How Unfortunate

"He's been gone for too long," Darksteel muttered

         "It's only been an Earth day, he'll be back as he said!" Bumblebee was getting annoyed with the two pacing in front of the space bridge. They had watched their leader go and although they said they'd leave it wasn't for long. They often took 'shifts' of who would watch over the rest of the Predacon tribe.

         Still the two paced, having put someone else in charge that they trusted.

     They smiled widely when the spacebridge was activated and Predaking came out with a solemn expression on his faceplate. He passed by them without a word, deep in thought. The two brothers looked to each other before following him out the door, leaving an exasperated Bumblebee after not receiving a single 'thank you' or 'farewell'. The soldier decided to clean things up, since Predaking hadn't wiped his pedes before entering. Not that anyone else did, but Bee was irritable by now. He was beginning to find fault in most everything- until he was called by Rafael not ten minutes later, and his day brightened.

     The two younger Predacons were trying to earn their leader's attention- but he was too intent on sulking as he walked.

         "Did you find anything interesting?" Darksteel questioned, curious about the planet but not enough to visit. He preferred the metal ground of Cybertron over the dirt of Earth that he heard wiggled its way into cracks and crevices very uncomfortably.

     Another wave of silence passed between the trio, the only noise coming from the bustling streets and wary bots around them who skipped out of the way as Predaking wandered towards the edge of the cities. It was when they found the beginnings of the Predacon grounds Predaking spoke.

         "There were once femmes among us," Predaking told them, "but I believe they were a separate tribe."

         The brothers were confused.

         "You mean like the Autobot Arcee?" Skylynx questioned, "What use are femmes to us? We are not like Earth's primitive animals."

         "It was not for heirs that Primus created them," he explained, "I told you all of the atrocity those Decepticons lied about, the burning of my own brethren. It was there I visited today, and it was there Primus spoke to me."

         The two became far more interested, looking to each other with grins.

         "What did he say to your spark, Predaking?" Skylynx questioned excitedly.

         "That our sisters have not yet been uncovered."

     The trio left the outskirts of the city into the land of the Predacons, transforming and taking flight. Dull roars could be heard from the caves that funneled down into the depths of Cybertron, their dwellings looking primitive from the outside, but not unlike a Hobbit hole, they were quite elaborate inside, and huge. Of course, some preferred their berthrooms to be more like caves, to fit their massive beast forms. Predaking's preferred home was at the very beginning of the spiraling staircase fitted to the wide chasm. It was the only one with an occupant for several miles below, where lights could be seen through their cave-like openings. He transformed upon landing, beckoning his two companions to follow.