Primus's Protector

"What could possibly need my attention? Now, of all times!"

Predaking gave his irritated rant. He was in the middle of giving (Y/D) a nice oil bath when he was called by the Autobot council. Ultra Magnus just said that he was needed, and to bring the youngling with, ASAP. The beast grumbled as he let the warm oil drain, (Y/D) watching it swirl with fascinated optics.

         "Come, let's rinse you off little one. They sure dislike it when I'm having a relaxing moment with you, don't they?"

She only laughed, flicking what lingering oil was on her digits into his faceplate before being herded to rinse off in the colder water, which she whined about indignantly, trying to escape the cold rush that made her circuits prickle. She glared at Predaking when he was done, sitting on the cold floor with a pout, arms crossed and wings tucked closely to herself to shield the rest of her frame from any more onslaughts of water.

         "I'm sorry, (Y/D)," Predaking chuckled, "but what's done is done. You'll feel better after you dry off."

     He was right and the she-beast found herself oddly sleepy as she was tucked into the box that acted as her transport container. She didn't care where they were going, though from Predaking's short complaining she guessed it was a summons from the Autobots, whom she had grown to love like family just as much as her Predacon brothers (though the majority she hadn't met were a bit loud for her liking). She only let her optics brighten when the lid of her box was lifted and she grinned up at the red medic, standing up to hug him. She could sense Predaking's disliking of him but the friendly medic was her friend, and she made friends with whom she pleased.

         "How's my fabulous femme?"

Predaking huffed with a frown at the title.

         "Why is it I've been summoned?"

     There was a sudden tenseness in the room, thick and palpable like cream or cold oil. The group looked to each other, hoping someone would announce the news first. Predaking counted the small council. Arcee, Knockout, Ultra Magnus and Bumblebee. If they all had taken time out of their busy schedules then something was severely wrong. Their auras alone told Predaking that something was not right. The carefree (Y/D) could sense it just the same as her smile turned to a worried frown, looking between Knockout and the others. 

Bumblebee spoke first.

         "Predaking, I'm afraid we cannot find a new suspect, or even a single clue as to who is killing these bots. Granted most of them have been unfortunates with a love for liquor, but the only connections are that they were part of the Peace Group (save for Lancer), and they all appeared to have been Predacon kills. Now I'm not accusing them or you but Darksteel and Skylynx-"

At the mention of her brothers and guardian (Y/D) growled at the mech, transforming into her larger mode and growling ferally. Acid dripped from her maw to hiss on the floor as her wings prepared to launch her forward if he didn't choose his next words wisely.

         "(Y/D)," Predaking ordered harshly, but she only flicked her long tail in response, "Bumblebee is our friend, let him speak."

She didn't transform again, but backed away the few steps to be by Predaking's side.

         "You three are the only ones with overall free will to roam at night anymore," Bumblebee sighed his relief, but he was still tense, "Can you be accounted for, that's all I ask." 

         "I assure you, if I am roaming I am searching for the Predacon femmes," the biggest mech stated, admittedly offended that Bumblebee would bring potential suspicions onto him and his two most trusted brethren. "In this case Darksteel and Skylynx are watching over (Y/D) or patrolling the chasm and Predacon lands."

         "Greenlight had explained the situation with her disappearance," Ultra Magnus assured, since that was only a few earth days ago, "So Skylynx and Darksteel should not have been brought up. They both had their chance to extinguish her spark, and they did not."

     Bumblebee felt the small jab at his inappropriate questioning, a small mistake that (Y/D) understood. She transformed and hugged Bee with an apologetic expression that he couldn't help but forgive. He picked her up with an equally as apologetic smile.

         "I'm sorry Predaking," he sighed, "I just-"

         "You are doing your duty, Autobot Bumblebee," the Predacon nodded, "I hold no ill will towards you or your questioning. I am glad you were able to speak with me of these matters, but as Ultra Magnus has said, we are all innocent."

         "We understand," Arcee finally spoke after a long time of silence, setting a servo on Predaking's arm, "We're all frustrated, and its taking it's toll after so long."

Predaking understood as well, giving a small nod.

     He saw (Y/D) hug Bumblebee around his neck cables before hopping from his grip abruptly, standing in the middle of the group, alert and startled. Predaking could sense her alarm, but for what, he wasn't sure. He did not sense any aura from behind the locked door, which she stared at intensely. The others were just as confused when she started to scratch at the metal barrier softly, whining and looking back at them. 

         "Did she forget something at your dwelling?" Ultra Magnus questioned.

Predaking wasn't sure as he picked her up from the ground, but she only wriggled and writhed in his tightening grip to keep her still. 

         "(Y/D) you are acting strangely, what is it?"

     The youngling stopped her struggle to look into her guardian's optics with a fear struck expression. The moment she wanted to speak to her guardian words failed her as Primus tugged on her spark to help her friend. She looked to the congregation of four behind him, who were clearly worried for her. Her panic grew as the tug on her spark began to pain her, forcing her to transform to get out of Predaking's grip. He took to pulling her tail before she could barge threw the door, making the youngling squeak her disliking.

         "(Y/D), you are far more sensible than this-" He growled, knowing full well if she was in a panic she'd figure out a way to tell him, not just attempt to run off as she is.

     Tired of this inability to protect her friend, (Y/D) whipped around, biting Predaking's exposed arm before tearing the door down on her way out, followed by the others and an infuriated Predaking. He transformed and leaped ahead of her, halting his charge's escape. He growled for an answer, not caring that the entire lobby could see him and his student, not that they could tell it was a Predacon femme in her beast form, but the terror they emanated was enough to know the Predacon race was still thought as nothing but destructive.

     He growled again when she only tried to escape beneath him, halted by a massive claw that pushed her back several feet. She growled, deciding to transform. Predaking didn't like this as everyone gasped at her feminine features, even more astonished when she spoke.

         "Tappy and Smokescreen need help!"