Uncertainty

Predaking was on one of his few strolls down the spiraling staircase, watching as his tribe-mates flew and stomped by

     Predaking was on one of his few strolls down the spiraling staircase, watching as his tribe-mates flew and stomped by. Many would greet him with smiles or bows, and he would nod with his own small smile in return. Of course, not everyone welcomed him so warmly. Grimaces were thrown his way for who knows what reason. No matter the rumors he heard, they all seemed outlandish. Some claimed he was a humanoid lover, a traitor to his own superior kind. There was the occasional mumble claiming he was not truly the king since he didn't seem to have social or influencing power. Then there were the accusations that he was lesser than them for not having a carefully crafted spark, cared for by Primus himself.

     Predaking hated to admit it, of which he did not, but these accusations deeply troubled and hurt him.

         "How did the meeting go?" Skylynx transformed, having found their leader before Darksteel.

     "They denied me the authorization to even search for our sisters," the biggest Predacon huffed.

     This news enraged the smaller mech.

         "Even after telling them Primus himself spoke to you?"

         "I had explained with utmost care- from the voice of Primus to the repairing of Cybertron's history. None could be swayed. Instead, I was criticized and accused of taking their kindness for granted."

         "They are fools for believing you a fool-" Skylynx huffed, "I may be simple minded but to complete our history is to complete theirs. What are their worries to halt these revelations?"

     In truth, after being taught properly and given the chance to learn more than commands, Skylynx became the smarter of the two brothers. Darksteel was an exemplary hunter and strategist, but Skylynx often had to help him with words and difficult sentences that didn't click in his processor.

         "They believe this femme boneyard has been turned to dust and glitter, since it was not brought up like our brethren as Cybertron shifted. Even if they were not, the Autobots calculate that with Cybertron's quickly building population and cities, this buried morgue would be beneath their lands." Predaking knew they were valid concerns.

         "I see-" Skylynx knew as well, "So there is no hope to bring back these sisters?"

     Predaking watched at the side of the stairs as Predacons tromped their way up and down the staircase. He felt the wind of others that flew up to the chasm's mouth for a flight free of the confining walls. And in his silent thoughts he wondered; how would femmes fit into their convoluted equation?

     Skylynx waited patiently for his king's thoughts to be spoken out loud. He and Darksteel were unsure about having a leader, let alone a king after being ruled over by Shockwave and Starscream. They finally warmed up to the larger beast after several Earth years of learning and getting to know his stories and the horror of losing hope on Earth for his own brothers, blown up by the heinous acts of the Decepticons. Now they respected him. Both were sure they'd be the last standing by his side if the others of their tribe revolted.

         "It is Primus who spoke to me in that desolate cave-" Predaking stated, "it is he who will make a way."

     Waiting for the air traffic to subside, Predaking transformed. Skylynx following after bellowing for his brother, who failed to find them both beforehand. Darksteel had to catch up quickly before they left without him, Predacons already in flight landing as their king rose out of the chasm they all refused to leave most times. The trio ignored the annoyed roars when they intersected an unknown flight pattern. Predaking rumbled, ordering the two to stay behind and watch the tribe since he was leaving them behind on this expedition. Obedient to their king, the brothers nodded and flew with the rest of their brethren while Predaking flew far from his land in search for anything that resembled the graveyard his subjects had been formed from.

    'Perhaps I search in vain,' the powerful being thought to himself, 'After all, it is desperation for answers that guided me to that cursed place- not the hand of Primus.'

     With strained optics he searched the land past the boneyards, yielding nothing. He knew an aerial view could only reveal so much, certainly not a buried boneyard, but perhaps signs of these ancient beings could be seen. Rust spots where none should be, odd terrain, bumpy and mounded from the bones. This was only a strip of what was still uninhabited, so there was still some hope.

     Predaking changed course, pointing his wings to turn towards the Toxic Wastes, of which were foreboding in and of themselves, but again, it showed a possibility. He counted the possible other locations in his processor.

     Kaon was still left alone, somewhat avoided.

     Iacon was the first city to be rebuilt in honor of the great Optimus Prime, so that was a useless venture.

     Vos was also rebuilt.

     Perhaps the area around the Crystal City- Although after a mishap with a malfunctioning Predacon, they might not wish to see him for a while.

     There truly wasn't much left to explore. Predaking groaned as he reached the end of the Toxic Wastes, deciding that maybe an easy flight over the Sea of Rust would clear his helm. After all, it was difficult to think of several other places while looking for minute changes in another.

     He glided high over the waters, watching the suns reach their highest peak. Predaking admired the diverse sights of Cybertron, so much more enchanting than Earth. The suns casted glows on the shining metal of the planet that most humans couldn't enjoy because of their weak eyes- so squishy and fragile. The king decided to land near an old mine shaft, clearly used to ferry supplies during the war and well hidden from enemy view. He watched the suns for a while, picking out the one moon often seen at this hour.

     'No,' he thought to himself again, 'his warriors are out there. Our sisters will soon dwell among us.'

     The mighty beast let out a roar to prove his determination. Whether to himself or to others, he was not quite sure. There was one thing he was not expecting, and that was the sound of a tiny roar answering beneath him.

 There was one thing he was not expecting, and that was the sound of a tiny roar answering beneath him