46 | Close Calls

The place they asked to meet wasn't too far from school, so Soobin figured he'd walk there- it didn't feel too comfortable getting there by cab either. It wasn't long till he reached the destination which was a mansion that looked completely deserted.

On the entrance of the mansion, there was a note, with a bunch of letters cut out from magazines and newspapers, which read:

Leave all of your belongings here.

Soobin did as he was told and placed his bag down. He emptied his pocket which had his phone and safely placed into his backpack.

It was then where Soobin started to rethink his decision, for starters, the mansion looked extremely sketchy, and second of all, it was the perfect place for an ambush to take place; no one would even notice him gone.

But then a picture of Yeonjun came into his mind, an image of a devastated look his face- how shattered he would feel once the truth gets out.

Taking a deep breath, he stepped foot into the mansion, unsure of whether or not that would've been his last.

☆。*。☆。

Soobin practically searched the entire house, from the living room to the second floor, yet no one was in any of those places. He went back to the living room, it was only then when he noticed a flight of stairs which ultimately leads him to the basement.

It was the only part of the house he hasn't checked.

☆。*。☆。

The atmosphere in the car was so intense, that even the normally lively Beomgyu was silent. Yeonjun drove towards Soobin's location as fast as he could, not daring to think of the possibilities of what would happen to the latter.

"We're here," Yeonjun said, breaking the immense silence as he pulled the car outside of an abandoned mansion. The paint on its walls was wearing off, and the metal of the front gates was now coated in bronze rust.

"Wait- isn't that Soobin's bag?" Beomgyu noted, pointing towards a familiar black leather bag which sat on the entrance of the mansion.

"It is," Yeonjun replied, pushing the gates open which let out a piercing shriek.

"What could Soobin be doing in a place like this?" Hueningkai asked, examining the mansion.

"My guess is as good as yours," Beomgyu replied, his hands now trembling slightly.

"This place is huge, I say we split up. If anything- anything happens let out a shout, okay?" Yeonjun instructed. Beomgyu and Hueningkai gave the male a firm nod, and with that, they entered the mansion, with a sense of hope that Soobin- wherever he was right now- was safe and unharmed.

☆。*。☆。

Hueningkai searched the first floor while Beomgyu took the second, which left Yeonjun with the ground floor. He searched the kitchen and the rooms which were there; still no signs of Soobin. Be went back to the living room- surely he had missed a spot, the place was massive. In the corner of his eye, Yeonjun spotted a flight of stairs.

How have I not notice that before?
Without a second to lose, Yeonjun dashed down the stairs.

☆。*。☆。

The basement was dimly lit by two lights, one near the entrance, and one at the back of the basement. Yeonjun's eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness as he made out a tall figure; it was Soobin's. Just as he was about to call out Soobin's name, he saw a silhouette creeping behind the male.

"SOOBIN BEHIND YOU!" Yeonjun shouted, running towards the male as Soobin quickly turned around. The unknown hooded figure was charging towards Soobin, unmistakably holding a metal which glinted in the light; it was a dagger. On instinct, Soobin shut his eyes, anticipating a jab on his back. But he didn't. Instead, he was embraced tightly by a body.

He opened his eyes; Yeonjun was holding onto him, not letting go. Soobin reached his hand towards the male's back;  he undeniably felt a hole on the male's jacket, which was soaked. Quickly removing his hand  from the latter's jacket, he brought it to the light; it was blood.

"YEONJUN! SOOBIN!" Hueningkai and Beomgyu shouted at once, breathing heavily as they tried to catch their breath. Staring at the two, they soon quickly got a hold of what has happened- Yeonjun who was weakly limping onto the latter, and Soobin's bloodied hand which was trembling madly, his face suppressing a look of pure shock.

"The- police is- outside," Hueningkai articulated,

"Soobin," Yeonjun whispered, his body still stuck close to Soobin's.

"This is my fault... It always is," Soobin choked in between sobs.

"Shhhh. Everything will be okay..." Yeonjun said before collapsing to the ground.

[ A/N: I MISSED THE UPDATE YESTERDAY IM SO SORRY 😭 Damn handling two books at a time is mad stuff man- so much respect for those who are simultaneously working on two books, or more, at a time ]