43 | Risky Situations

Unknown number: Tomorrow, 4:30 pm at 106-4, Jinjamtaunapateu, Wonnae-dong, Yuseong-gu, Seoul or you and your boyfriend can kiss your reputation goodbye.

Soobin's mind blanked out, what on earth could they be talking about? Getting spam messages were no stranger to Soobin- however, those were all sent to his social media accounts. He found it alarming how they had his number, this was obviously a matter to not take lightly.

"Soobin?" Yeonjun spoke, standing in front of him, their drinks on top of the tray he was carrying.

"Oh- Uhm, I need to go to the washroom. I don't feel too good," Soobin quickly said as he got up.

He walked towards the toilet, looking around- just to be sure he was the only one there. He went inside the last stall and began to play the audio sent by the number...

"What exactly is this job?"  A voice from the video recording spoke.

Soobin's heart dropped.
That was his very own voice recorded in that audio.

"Oh it's fairly simple, you just have to pretend to date a celebrity."

That voice was non-other than Secretary Kim's.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in taking part in such a role,"

Those were the same words Soobin said that very day when Secretary Kim came down to the cafe to offer him the job.

Soobin stared blankly onto the ground, not knowing what to do. He checked the number that sent the texts.

+82-498-398-397

He tapped on the profile icon, it was blank. There weren't any other information shown on the contact's display either. Soobin figured that the contact was either a temporary phone number or it was sent from a burner phone.

Another notification popped up :
Unknown number: Do not bring anyone with you.

This was a dangerous situation to be in, for starters, the person who sent these texts managed to get the recording of his conversation as well as his number.

He was well aware that the text was sent in the intentions of blackmailing him. Should he hand this matter over to the police? But even if he did, he would be forced to show them the recording. Soobin didn't want that. It was bad enough for these people to know about the news being a made up one, let alone allow more.

His phone vibrated once more.

Unknown number: Dare to inform anyone else about the deal we're about to make and we shall not hesitate to put this out onto the internet.

Soobin needed a moment to breathe; to clear his mind and to think straight. He left the toilet stall, his heart still banging against his chest as his fingers trembled with anxiety.

The cold air breezed through Soobin, it gave him a brief moment to feel better but it still wasn't enough to shake off the uneasiness in his stomach.

"Soobin, are you okay?" Yeonjun asked, his face reflecting the worried expression on Soobin's.

"Huh- oh sorry, upset stomach," Soobin lied.

"Oh, then would you like me to order another drink? Having an iced cup of coffee isn't the best thing to drink when your stomach's unwell," Yeonjun suggested, getting up from his seat.

"No- it's alright. We should probably get going or we aren't going to make it onto the shoot in time," Soobin said, getting up as well.

☆。*。☆。

The shoot ended later than expected, Soobin felt horrible as he was the reason the crew had to keep re-filming the scenes, his acting today wasn't great and he couldn't fake a smile when he was told to.

"Soobin," Yeonjun said, his eyes fixed onto the steering wheel.

"Huh- I'm sorry what were you saying?" Soobin replied.

"You aren't yourself today, you didn't look too good while filming, and during breaks you're constantly checking your phone, is something wrong?"

"Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry about me," Soobin said, attempting to articulate his words in a relaxed tone. But he couldn't. Not with the constant worry about the decision he was about to make.  Yeonjun's acting career was on the line, all because of a nobody like him.

"Alright... But if something's bothering you then you need to tell me okay?" Yeonjun asked, his eyes showing deep concern towards him.

"Okay, I will," Soobin said with a pang of remorse hitting him.

Soobin felt a warm hand now holding his, stroking it soothingly. He tried his very best to resist the temptation of breaking down in front of the male, but he mustn't. He has to stay strong and push through, for his and Yeonjun's sake.

The decision he was about to make was crystal-clear now.