36 | First Dates

Soobin happily skipped back upstairs into his room and plummetted his face into his pillow, a grin forming on his face.

We're going out... He thought to himself happily, he owed it to Beomgyu and Hueningkai for giving him the courage to accept Yeonjun's confession- well, he did follow their advice... partially. He followed everything they've told him to do, except for the part where they advised him to tell Mr. Choi about his worries.

Soobin didn't want to feel like a burden to Mr Choi, making him think that it was his fault that he was feeling anxious about what the media says about him.

It will be fine, everything will be okay. Soobin told himself, getting up to get ready for his first official date.

He didn't know what to wear; he didn't want it to be too formal neither did he want to come off as sloppy if he chose casual wear. After scouring his closet for a fit, he decided on a casual brown coat worn over a white shirt. He chose a pair of light blue jeans and white sneakers to complete his fit.

When he headed down, Mr. Choi was already there wearing a black leather jacket over a white shirt in a pair of jeans.

"Are you ready to go?" Yeonjun smiled.

"Yep," Soobin replied.

The two headed inside the car. Yeonjun started the engine and began to drive towards Seoul's city center.

"Where are we going?" Soobin asked.

"You'll see," Yeonju replied.

It has been 5 minutes, and that was the only conversation they had ever since the drive had started. Soobin drummed his fingers on his leg, feeling the need to say something to break the awkward silence.

"So I've been thinking," Yeonjun started, as if he read Soobin's mind.

"Hm?"

"We need nicknames for each other," He continued.

Soobin's face flushed with a bright red, nicknames?

"Awww is something wrong with calling you something like Honey? Sweetie? Cutie?" Yeonjun teased. Soobin's ears were red now.

"Ooooh I know, I'll call you Soobinnie!" Yeonjun said, satisfied. Soobin covered his red face with his hands to spare him the embarrassment of letting the other male see how flustered he was.

"Soobinnie, it is then," Yeonjun said, completely oblivious to how abashed the other male was.

"Soobin, you okay?"

"Y-yeah," Soobin stammered, his heart still pounding.

"Soooo what would you like to call me from now onwards? I mean- you can't be calling me Mr. Choi anymore when we're alone now can you?" Yeonjun asked.

"O-oh right... then can I call you Jun?" The male asked.

"It works with me," Yeonjun replied, the tips of his ears turning red.

☆。*。☆。

After a while, the two arrived at a park near the Han river. It was a rather windy day with the trees swaying with the wind, it was a good thing the two wore warm clothes. The park blossomed with lush green trees and vast green plains, where many people were chilling enjoying the beautiful scenery of the Han River.

"What would you like to do first, Soobinnie?" Yeonjun asked.

"Uhm," Soobin looked around the park; it seems as if many people were having a picnic on the field; he would like to do that too.