47 | Hospital Stays

Yeonjun's eyelids started to lift slowly, scanning his surroundings before realising that he wasn't in his room. Attempting to get up, he felt a sudden jab near the back of his abdomen, he ran his fingers through the area and felt stitches. Yeonjun then realised that he wasn't in his clothes at all; he was wearing a loose gown which had the same shade of blue as the curtains did.

He was in the hospital, turning to his left to see a certain brunette male resting his head on the edge of the bed. He patted Soobin's head lovingly, careful not to wake the male. Yeonjun immediately withdrew his hand when he saw Soobin getting up slowly.

Soobin's eyes immediately bulged open at the sight of Yeonjun gaining his consciousness as he searched his mind for words to speak.

"You're a-awake, I'll go tell the nurse immediately-" Soobin spluttered, about to leave the room until he was stopped by a hand holding back his. Wrapping his arms around Soobin's body, Yeonjun brought him closer into a tight embrace, Soobin couldn't hold his relief much longer as he started breaking down into sobs.

"I was so scared- when you got hurt instead of me -hic- so many thoughts came rushing through my mind. I kept telling myself 'It should've been me who got hurt', 'Yeonjun didn't deserve this', 'it's my fault'," Soobin said in between hiccups as thick tears started to trickle down his cheeks.

"Soobin it's okay. Because I don't regret for one moment about what I did back there, you're safe and that's all that matters to me," Yeonjun replied, rubbing the male's back soothingly as Soobin tried to settle his emotions.

The two remained as they were for a few moments until they heard whispers coming from outside of the door.

"Should we go in or-" Hueningkai asked in a low voice.

"Shhhh! Don't interrupt them," Beomgyu replied

"Well, if you keep talking this loudly they'll definitely hear you- Oh! Yeonjun you're awake-" Hueningkai spluttered nervously, noticing the blue-haired male staring at his direction.

Soobin immediately pulled away from the male and turned around- Beomgyu and Hueningkai were creeping at the entrance of the hospital room's door.

"Yeah- you know what- Hueningkai and I will be leaving to let you two have your- uh moment. Hueningkai, let's go," Beomgyu said as he dragged the latter away. Soobin swore he could've heard Hueningkai muttering something which sounded a lot like 'lovebirds'.

"Uh, if you don't mind, Yeonjun- I'll inform Bang PD-nim that you have woken up," Soobin said as he reached for his phone. A few minutes later, Bang Si Hyuk and Secretary Kim came rushing into the room.

"Yeonjun! You're finally awake!" Bang Si Hyuk said, embracing the male in a hug.

"It's good to see you too," Yeonjun replied with a smile.

"Bang PD-nim, if you don't mind, I believe we have to inform Yeonjun a little more about the incident," Secretary Kim said in a serious voice, immediately causing a tense ambience falling over the room.

"Right," Bang Si Hyuk said, his facial expression immediately getting more tensed up as he took a seat next to  Yeonjun's bed. "At the scene of what happened, two girls were discovered who seemed to be the one behind the ambush, they looked nothing more than petty sasaengs in intentions of harming Mr Choi Soobin here,"

"However, their actions mustn't be taken lightly and the consequences are still in consideration. They are still currently under investigation until the authorities decide their punishment," He continued. Gripping onto his blanket, Yeonjun sat there for a few moments as he tried to processed the information that had just been announced to him.

"I see," He finally said, letting out a heavy sigh.

"Well, if there's nothing else, I best be on my way," Bang Si Hyuk said as he got up.

"Leaving so soon?" Yeonjun pouted.

"I'm sorry, there are matters I must attend to. Don't worry though, I'll come and visit you tomorrow- promise," He continued before waving back at the males. Secretary Kim gave Yeonjun a bow and left the room as well.

"Soobin? Is something wrong?" Yeonjun asked, reading the male's tensed expression.

"Oh- it's nothing to be concerned about," Soobin muttered in response.

But Soobin knew it was, as he had a bad feeling that there was still a remaining sasaeng left.

[ A/N: Apparently one of my irls is reading this RN and uH *sweats* 👁👄👁💧

Also YALL didn't think I was gonna end it here this quickly now did you? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ]