40 | His Birthday Surprise

The next day arrived, Hueningkai and Beomgyu went to Soobin's locker in between 5th and 6th period to tell the male that they've gotten the party supplies as well as their gifts for Yeonjun- and that was when it hit Soobin.

"WAIT- I COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN GETTING A GIFT FOR HIM!" Soobin wailed.

"Hey, I'm sure the surprise is already your gift for him," Beomgyu reassured, patting the male's back in an attempt to calm him down.

"Yeah, I mean, it's not like we'd have time to go shop for a gift anyway since school ends at 4 and the surprise is at 7. Speaking of which, have you told your boyfriend to make himself free for the evening?" Hueningkai asked.

"Yep, told him this morning,"

"Great then I guess there's nothing much to worry about. So straightaway after school, we're going to your place to plan the surprise right?" Beomgyu asked, turning to Soobin.

"Uhm, well... You see- the thing is... I'm actually staying at Yeonjun's for the time being..." Soobin admitted, looking down at his feet.

It took a good 5 seconds for the two males to actually comprehend what they've just heard.

"SAY WHAT?" Beomgyu blurted out in disbelief, his mouth practically dropping to the floor.

"HE HASN'T DONE ANYTHING TO YOUR VIRGIN BODY HAS HE???" Hueningkai said a little too loudly ( everyone in the corridor immediately turned their heads towards their direction ).

"SHHHHH! Keep it down! And no, he didn't do anything to me so don't worry ( Hueningkai let out a sigh of relief ). Uh- I'm staying at his place because my house got infested with roaches and it's taking a while to get rid of them," Soobin lied.

"Oh," They said together, thankfully they didn't press on the matter.

"So, we're technically going to Yeonjun's place-" Beomgyu asked.

"Yep. By the way please don't tell anyone about me uh- staying at Yeonjun's place," Soobin whispered. They both showed Soobin an 'okay' sign and that response was good enough for him.

☆。*。☆。

After school, the three of them went to Yeonjun's place carrying boxes filled with streamers, confetti and balloons. Hueningkai was tasked to go out to takeout the food from nearby restaurants and to pick up the cake since Soobin specifically told him that Yeonjun simply doesn't allow anyone to order food sent to his address.

It was 6:55 pm and most of the decorations were done, the streamers were put up, the balloons were inflated and all the foods were set up on the table. Minutes flew by and after putting up the last of the decorations, they quickly switched off the lights and crouched behind the sofa. It wasn't long till they heard the door click open, Yeonjun walked inside and switched on the lights.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" The three of them shouted, jumping from their hiding spot and cracking open their confetti poppers.

Yeonjun was too stunned to respond as he looked around.

"Wow- guys you really didn't have to," Yeonjun said, a smile slowly breaking across his face.

"Come on, let's eat! I'm famished," Hueningkai said, beckoning them towards the dining table which was overflowing with food.

"Let's dig in!" Beomgyu said, already helping himself to the food.

The four of them ate around the dining table just talking while enjoying the meal, it was a lively ambience which Yeonjun liked. They finished the food within an hour, patting their stomachs contently.

"That was great," Yeonjun said, plopping himself over the sofa.

Hueningkai and Beomgyu hummed a "mhm" in response.

"Do you want to cut the cake now?" Soobin asked, turning to Yeonjun.

"You guys got cake too?" Yeonjun asked, as his eyes lit up.

"Of course! What is a birthday party without a cake?" Hueningkai said, getting up and walking over to the fridge to get the cake. He brought out the cake and laid it on the dining table, Beomgyu went inside the kitchen to get the cutleries while Soobin looked around for a lighter. After liting the candles, they sang a quick "happy birthday" song to Yeonjun, who looked like the happiest person alive right now.

"Make a wish!" Beomgyu beckoned excitedly.

Yeonjun closed his eyes for a few seconds before blowing out the candles.

"What did you wish for?" Soobin asked.

"I can't tell you, otherwise my wish won't come true," Yeonjun said with a wink.

"Hey lovebirds, stop flirting and help yourself to the cake before it's gone," Hueningkai said, his mouth filled with cake.

"I know, we should have a drink too!" Yeonjun said, going towards the kitchen to get two bottles of soju and four glasses.

"Oooh, good idea," Beomgyu said with a mischievous grin. Yeonjun poured the soju into their glasses as everyone immediately took a sip of it, except for Soobin.

"Soobin drink up!" Hueningkai said while helping himself to another slice of cake and another glass of soju.

"I will, I will," Soobin said as he brought the cup to his lips.

☆。*。☆。

"HEY CHOI SOOBIN, WHY AREN'T YOU DRINKING?" Yeonjun shouted- it was evident that he was too drunk to even think straight as he helped himself to his nth glass of soju.

"Aish, this guy doesn't drink," Beomgyu said as he lolled his head backwards while closing his eyes- he was probably drunk too.

"Aigoo, he won't drink, Yeonjun. Beomgyu do you remember the last time Soobin got drunk? He started twerking on top of the table- IT WAS HILARIOUS," Hueningkai said as he howled in laughter.

"You two-" Soobin said in a half-agitated, half-embarrassed tone before he was shortly cut off.

"Obviously our innocent Soobin wouldn't want to embarrass himself in front of Yeonjun like that," Beomgyu added, giggling uncontrollably.

"Awww, I wanna see a twerking Soobin," Yeonjun said- his voice not getting anywhere close to sounding sober.

"You have no idea how much this guy loves you- All he talks about is you! 'Yeonjun' this 'Yeonjun' that- ITS LIKE THIS YEONJUN STOLE OUR BEST FRIEND!" Hueningkai uttered, slamming his glass onto the table.

"WHAT HE SAID!" Beomgyu said as he chugged down for what seemed like his 10th glass.

"IM NOT STEALING YOUR BESTFRIEND!" Yeonjun yelled back as he helped himself to another glass.

Soobin felt as if he was being placed in the middle of an argument by a bunch of 6-year-olds. Then again, he was still on his first glass of soju which wasn't even close to being half-finished.

"Hey, Hueningkai, why don't you tell our beloved Yeonjun that other time when Soobin was drunk?" Beomgyu sniggered.

"OH MY! LOOK AT THE TIME! IT'S GETTING LATE- HUENINGKAI, BEOMGYU I THINK YOU SHOULD HEAD OUT NOW!" Soobin said as he forcefully carried Hueningkai and Beomgyu each by the arm towards the front door.

"BUT IT'S STILL SO EARLY!" Beomgyu wailed.

"WE HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW!" Soobin said exasperated as he opens the front door.

"But-"

"GOODNIGHT! SEE YOU AT SCHOOL TOMORROW!" Soobin said before slamming the door in front of their faces. He let out a sigh of relief, closing his eyes as he slumped against the door. Suddenly feeling a head on his shoulder, he looked down to see a drunk Yeonjun casually plopping his head onto his shoulder.

[ A/N : I hope you guys are doing okay :D ]