25 | Regrets

"I'm so sorry Yeonjun but I'll have to drop you at the daycare, I need to rush to an important meeting with my editor. I'll come to pick you up before dinner alright?" Yeonjun's mother said, focusing on the road ahead.

"Don't worry about me, mom," he replied.

It was a stormy afternoon with the wind howling ferociously and the rain falling like stones. Yeonjun stared sorrowly out of the car window, he was never too fond of stormy days, it made him feel overwhelmed with all sorts of emotions.

"Mom I think you should slow down, it's not safe to drive this fast," Yeonjun said, noticing how she was driving at 120mph.

"I would if I can Yeonjun, but if I were to slow down now then I won't be able to make it to the meeting on time," She said.

Yeonjun's eyes were glued to the speedometer when all of a sudden he heard the tires screeching against the wet tarmac, followed by a gasp let out by his mother.

Everything seemed to be happening far too fast for young Yeonjun to process as he looked ahead to see a fallen tree, right in the middle of the road.

He could feel his eyes brim with hot tears as if his life was about to end in a matter of seconds. Bracing himself, he shut his eyes tight, gripping onto the rim of his clothes, feeling the warmth of his mother's hand over his body- waiting for the impact to hit him.

[ A/N: I like to make the chapters in here short for dramatic effect ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Also reading you guy's comments on my chapters is so fun HAHAHA I always try my best to respond to them ( if possible ) ]