58 | The Big Surprise

3 years later

The warm air inside the TYU building made Soobin's cheeks tingle a little from the sudden temperature change. It was evident that winter was about to come as the trees had already shed their leaves, everyone also began to bundle themselves in layers of thick clothing to keep themselves warm and cosy in amidst the frosty weather.

He made his way towards Bang Si Hyuk's office which was situated on the 5th floor of the building. Soobin gave a knock on the door as he heard a voice from inside the room calls out 'come in!'.

Nothing has changed since the last time he stepped in here, everything was just as how he remembered it; from the way the portrait of Bang Si Hyuk hung lopsided on the wall to the way stacks of papers were arranged neatly on top of his desk.

"Soobin, you're here!" Bang Si Hyuk greeted in a cheery tone as he emerged from his seat to welcome the male.

"Hello, Bang PD-nim," replied Soobin with a smile on his face.

"Come have a seat by the couch while I go get the papers for you to sign," said Bang Si Hyuk as he began searching through the stack of papers on his desk.

As Soobin took a seat by the couch, he looked around the room with a nostalgic sensation. It felt as if it was just yesterday he was still just a mere university student about to sign a contract that he didn't know would take his life for a turn.  A warm nostalgic feeling filled Soobin's insides as he reminisced those days.

"Time flies doesn't it? I still remembered the day I called you here to sign the dating contract with Yeonjun. Look at you now signing a contract to be an official actor under my very own agency," Bang Si Hyuk said with a dreamlike look in his eyes, taking a seat on the couch as he placed a paper onto the table for Soobin to sign.

"I remember that day clearly," Soobin chuckled as he took a pen out of his pocket to write his signature "thank you so much for this opportunity once again,"

"My pleasure," Bang Si Hyuk replied as they shook hands.

"I guess I should be expecting to be coming here more often now," Soobin said with a laugh, "have a good day Bang PD-nim!"

Bang Si Hyuk waved back at the latter as he exited the room. The winter air brushed Soobin's cheeks as he stepped out of the building, the chilled wind ruffling his hair. Just as he was about to head towards the metro to head back to Yeonjun's place, he felt his phone vibrate.

Yeonjun: Meet me at the cafe near the TYU building, I have something to show you :)

☆。*。☆。

There was only one cafe that was near the TYU building and it was none other than the one Soobin used to work part-time at. He could feel the anticipation buzzing inside; what could Yeonjun possibly want to show him?

Just as he was about to enter the cafe, he felt a pair of hands covering his eyes.

"Hey- who-" Soobin spluttered suddenly feeling alarmed.

"Chill, it's me," A familiar voice spoke which belonged to none other than Hueningkai.

"We're just following our orders, sorry!" Beomgyu quickly said as he took Soobin's hand guiding him inside the cafe. The bell at the entrance let out a gentle ring as the scent of coffee beans and pastries wafted over Soobin.

Hueningkai took his hands off the male's eyes as he rubbed them gently to adjust to the sudden change in brightness.

Soobin let out a gasp as soon as he realised what was going on; they were definitely in the cafe, but it has been embellished with fairy lights giving an ethereal glow to the cafe's beige walls with a bunch of polaroids strung onto them. He walked towards them to realise that they weren't just ordinary polaroids, it was pictures of him and Yeonjun together, each a different and individual photo that differed from the rest.

Dozens of pink and white balloons which have been inflated with helium covered the entire of the cafe's ceilings. Soobin looked down to the floor which has also been decorated with rose petals, each a different shade of light pink.

But what caught his eye the most was a path made entirely of rose petals which lead to where Yeonjun was standing. Hueningkai and Beomgyu quickly exited the room once their task has been completed to leave the two alone.

"What's all this?" Soobin asked as he began to feel teary-eyed.

"This was the place we first met," Yeonjun said, walking towards Soobin as he planted a kiss onto the male's forehead.

"I still remembered my first impression of you," He continued which made Soobin let out a gentle laugh, his eyes now glistening under the lights.

"I thought you were an arrogant jerk," Soobin said which made Yeonjun smile as he recalled their first encounter. "Turns out I was wrong," Soobin continued which made Yeonjun beam with affection.

Yeonjun took a small step backwards, his arms still holding onto Soobin's. "I don't think I can ever live without you, Soobin," he said, staring intimately into the latter's eyes.

"The moment you entered my life, I didn't know what I was going in for," Yeonjun started, "never would I have guessed that you will become such an important person to me. We've gone through so much together; moments of both pain and joy, I can't imagine what life would be like without you anymore. I want to continue living together; in the future and forever after that," Yeonjun said, his voice gentle and soothing before pausing as he got onto one knee. Bringing out a small box from his pocket.

"Marry me?" He asked, not breaking his gaze from Soobin's.

Soobin gave a firm nod, unable to compose himself any longer as tears began streaming down his cheeks. Yeonjun got up and brought him into a warm embrace, patting his back comfortingly.

"I love you," He whispered into Soobin's ear.

"I love you too," Soobin replied, a smile breaking across his face as they stayed there for a few moments longer, savouring the moment of everlasting bliss and happiness.