57 | To Feel Loved

School was dismissed as Soobin made his way towards the west entrance where Yeonjun was already waiting to pick him up. Filming resumed as usual, but their schedules got even more hectic with filming taking place 5 times a week now since the recording on the week Yeonjun got injured had to be moved to whenever the crew was available.

Soobin immediately took out the script from his bag as he forced his mind to remember every line, every word perfectly.

"You're going to do just fine, I know you're tired so just take a break," Yeonjun reassured him.

"I know, but-"

"No 'buts', besides, if you're tired you wouldn't be able to give it your best performance on set,"

Soobin considered his words, he was completely exhausted to the bone with his responsibilities at school resting on his shoulders. He kept the script into his bag as he closed his eyes, surrendering to his fatigue.

☆。*。☆。

After the filming ended, Soobin couldn't help but feel satisfied with his performance; perhaps taking a break did help. Yeonjun suggested getting a drink before heading back home for dinner so they decided to have a quick cup of coffee at a nearby cafe.

Soobin chose to sit by the window as Yeonjun came over with the tray of drinks carried in his hands. A few minutes after getting their drinks, Soobin noticed the sky getting darker as the rain started pouring. He quickly shifted his gaze to Yeonjun who, to Soobin's surprise, looked extremely calm as if he was completely oblivious to the fact that it was literally storming outside.

"Are you okay?" Soobin asked, placing his coffee onto the table.

"As long as I'm with you, I know that I'll be just fine," Yeonjun replied, as he placed his hand over Soobin's.

Soobin was his safe place, someone to confide in, someone who wouldn't judge him for who he was, or how weak he looked, or felt in the inside. With him, he didn't feel the need to fake putting on a strong facade because Soobin would see right through him for who he was deep down and still manage to accept and love the person for who he is. Yeonjun's life before meeting the latter was empty, he had the fame, he had the money but what was the point if he wasn't able to experience what it was like to be genuinely happy?

For the short span of time he was with Soobin, it felt as if he experienced more than he had during the past 22 years of living. Soobin entering his life was by pure chance, but Yeonjun can't imagine his life without him, not anymore. Soobin brought him the type of happiness Yeonjun wouldn't know how he would encounter if it weren't for him.

Perhaps this was what it feels like to be loved.