35 | An Awkward Breakfast

Soobin spent the entire night tossing around in bed, unable to fall asleep with his mind constantly pondering about what to say or do the next morning when he has to face Mr. Choi again.

Morning arrived, Soobin only got 3 hours of sleep ( he finally dozed off at 5 am, surrendering to his exhaustion ) his eyelids kept drooping and he wanted to sleep just a little longer but Soobin figured that if he woke up earlier, the chances of him running into Mr Choi at breakfast would be slimmer.

Soobin held his breath and tip-toed downstairs, careful not to make a single sound that could wake Yeonjun up. To Soobin's relief, the living room's fan was switched off, which ultimately means that Yeonjun isn't up yet right?

Nope.

The moment Soobin stepped into the kitchen, Mr Choi was already there cooking breakfast.

"Good morning," Yeonjun said, almost as last night's incident was non-existent.

"G-good morning," Soobin stammered, getting ready to head back to his room to get some more sleep.

"Breakfast's nearly done," Yeonjun continued.

"O-oh alright," Soobin mumbled. No matter how much he wanted to get out of the situation, it would be rude to not eat the food Mr Choi has prepared for him.

Soobin took a seat at the dining table, nervously fiddling with his fingers. It wasn't too long until Yeonjun came out of the kitchen, holding two plates with a small stack of pancakes which were topped with honey, whipping cream, and an array of wild berries.

Soobin took the plate and quickly took a bite, he wanted to finish his breakfast as quickly as possible. The awkward tension between the two got worse as the minutes passed.

"Did, you..." Soobin started, breaking the silence. "Mean what you said last night...?"

"Every word of it," Yeonjun replied coolly.

Soobin's heart skipped a beat, how could he say that without even the slightest tremor in his voice?

"I'm sorry about last night, my emotions got the best of me," Yeonjun apologised, letting out a sigh. Soobin couldn't help but notice a glint of disappointment in his eyes.

"But, I do mean every word of it and I would like to start going out with you. For real this time," The male continued, looking at Soobin intimately.

"But, if you're uncomfortable with it, then I understand. I'll let you think about it, no matter how long it will take for you to decide, I will wait,"

Soobin could feel a pang of guilt in his heart, he too had undeniably strong feelings for the male. Soobin sat there for a few seconds, was he really about to turn down an opportunity like this? All because of the petty opinions of strangers?

"I-" Soobin stuttered, looking up.

"Hm?" Yeonjun replied.

"I-I.." He stuttered, for some reason the words he had in mind simply couldn't be articulated.

"I don't want you to force yourself to like me Soobin, just let me like you and that's good enough for me," Yeonjun said with a heavy tone, getting up from his seat.

"I like you a lot, Mr Choi I really do," Soobin started, his voice shaky.

"And I too would like to start d-dating you..." He stammered fiddling with his fingers nervously, not looking at Mr Choi.

"Really?" Yeonjun said as his eyes lit up.

Soobin gave him a nod and a weak smile in response.

"Well then get ready," Yeonjun continued, not bothering to stifle the grin on his face.

"For what?"

"Our first date of course," Yeonjun smiled.

[ A/N: THE WAY YALL THOUGHT YEONJUN WAS HAVING A WET DREAM IN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER I CANT- 😭✋🏻

Also like my English teacher just commented on the work I passed up yesterday and asked if I have written any short stories and told me how he'd like to read them

It's complicated. ]