6 | The Job Offer

Soobin froze in his spot for a brief moment as his mind tried to comprehend what he had just heard.

"I'm sorry- a what?" He asked, shocked by the sudden question.

"A job- sir- I mean. Can I call you Mr uhm..." she mumbled, looking at the employee's name tag."Mr Choi Soobin," Secretary Kim quickly added." You look fairly young, so I'm assuming you're still having you're still studying in uni? This isn't a full-time job, in fact, your schedule for this job will be very lenient and adjustable according to your own schedule," she continued, explaining a little more on the job she had just offered, but it was useless as Soobin could barely catch onto her words.

"Mr Choi Soobin, could you follow me outside? This matter is rather confidential so I'd appreciate it if we could talk about this somewhere a little more private?" She asked, looking around the room which was bustling with customers.

"Of course," Soobin replied, gesturing her to follow him.

☆。*。☆。

"What exactly is this job?" He asked once they were outside of the cafe. He had led them towards an alleyway near the back of the cafe since this was one of the few places amidst this crowded city where they would be able to get some privacy.

"Oh, it's fairly simple, you just have to pretend to date a celebrity." She replied as if it wasn't a big deal faking a relationship with a random stranger, let alone a celebrity.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not interested in taking part in such a role," Soobin apologised. He wasn't too fond of the idea of dating a random person, plus, this job seemed a little sketchy from the start anyway. Thinking that it'd be better if he just turns this job offer down, Soobin bowed down, about to walk away until he was interrupted.

"WAIT! this job will provide you a very high pay," Secretary Kim negotiated. She has finally laid her eyes on someone who looked to be someone worthy of the title "Choi Yeonjun's boyfriend". And she was not going to let go of this golden occurrence.

The words "high pay" were ringing in his ears. Since Soobin was expecting to be fired from his current job at the cafe after the incident with that man, he figured that he may be needing to find a new one sooner or later to pay his tuition fees.

Out of desperation, he asked, "how much does this job pay exactly...?"

With a triumphant smile on her face, Secretary Kim tip-toed towards Soobin's ear as she whispered: "250,000 won a day,"

Soobins' eyes practically bulged out his sockets by large digits of the number he had just heard.
"250,000 won a day???" He echoed, still stunned by what he just heard. Secretary Kim nodded in response as she couldn't help but suppress a grin by the tactic she had just used to bewitch this boy into blindly signing up for this job.

The number "250,000 won" made Soobin's head spin a little, that's at least nearly twice the amount of his pay from a week of working as a barista.

"Just to be sure, I'm not selling my body right...?" He asked reconsidering the offer. He wondered what on earth he possibly had to do to earn THAT much a day.

"Oh my goodness! No of course not!" Spluttered Secretary Kim, "that would absolutely be unforgiving. As I said, you just have to fake being in a relationship," she reassured the young man.

Soobin thought twice about the job he was about to sign up for. After all, he desperately needed the money to continue his studies in uni and considering how he'd have to leave his current one, he will be pretty tight on cash and time.

"I'll do it... I might reconsider it though... I'm just letting you know this in advance." He mumbled.

"Oh my god! For real?" Secretary Kim exclaimed as her eyes lit up by the words that came out of his mouth, Soobin nodded in response.
"Okay! Tonight at 8 pm we shall meet in the TYU building, it's actually pretty nearby here, probably a few minutes worth of walking?" She said

"TYU building?" Soobin asked in confusion, never hearing of a "TYU building" in his whole life.

"You see that tall building over there?" She asked, pointing to the high-rise building which wasn't too far from where they were standing. "That's where we will meet tonight at 8 pm to arrange and finalise the proposal. And one more thing, please come dressed formally," she added quickly

"Okay got it,"

"Thank you so much for considering this offer Mr Choi Soobin, this is my business card if you have any inquiries or things you would like to clarify," she said, taking out a card from her purse as she passed it to Soobin. "See you later," she waved, heading back towards the TYU building.

"Bang PD-nim, I think I just found the perfect blind date for Mr Choi!" Secretary Kim exclaimed over the phone.

☆。*。☆。

Little did the 2 know that from a far corner, an unwanted ear has been listening to their conversation the entire time...