52 | The Scheme

As Soobin flipped the pages of the book he was currently reading, he couldn't help but notice the soft sound of rain pattering outside of the window. He looked up to see Yeonjun shutting his eyes tightly while gripping the hem of his shirt firmly.

Soobin placed his book down and brought his chair next to Yeonjun's bed as he placed his hand over Yeonjun's.

"I'm here," Soobin said softly, he's handling it better than he did before.

"I'm gonna be fine, as long as you're next to me, I know I will," Yeonjun said, breaking a smile. Soobin beamed at him before wrapping his hand around Yeonjun's body, allowing the male to rest his head onto his shoulder as they savoured the warmth of being in each other's arms.

☆。*。☆。

After stepping foot into the hospital, she made sure to adjust her cap and mask properly just checking if her face was perfectly covered. Hyun Joo stepped towards the counter once she was sure that her disguise was secured.

"Hi I would like to pay a visit to-"

"Visiting hours are closed after 10:00 pm," The receptionist spoke sternly, cutting Hyun Joo off her sentence. She was perfectly aware that it was currently 11:09 pm, however, coming in earlier wouldn't have been any better for the plan. The later the time is, the better.

"I'm Kim Eun Ji, a privileged visitor which should've been stated in the system, and I'm here to visit Mr Choi Yeonjun," Hyun Joo spoke, making sure her voice was sounding just as similar to Secretary Kim's. The receptionist quickly keyed in "Kim Eun Ji' into the system to confirm that she was, in fact, a privileged visitor who was allowed to visit the patient even after the visiting hours were over.

"ID?" The receptionist asked with a raised eyebrow.

Hyun Joo took out Secretary Kim's ID card from her bag and passed it to the receptionist who scanned it with an ID card scanner. To Hyun Joo's relief, the scanner displayed a green light.

"Very well," The receptionist said, passing the ID card back to Hyun Joo.

"Uh- may I know where Mr Choi Yeonjun's room is? I have to handle a lot of things and often have trouble remembering a thing or two," Hyun Joo asked, silently praying that the receptionist wouldn't question her any further.

"West Wing, Level 5,  Room 29" She replied.

"Oh thank you-" Hyun Joo said as she quickly sped walk towards the lift.

☆。*。☆。

After reaching the fifth floor in the West Wing of the hospital, she noticed two guards standing in front of the room that belonged to no other than the patient in Room 29.

Predictable. Hyun Joo thought to herself, now heading towards the toilet to get changed. It took a no-brainer to figure out that there'd be guards outside of Yeonjun's room, it was a good thing she saw it coming and had planned it out thoroughly. It was fairly simple: she would change into a doctor's coat and offer both of them a drink that contained a substance which should put the victim into deep slumber within 10 minutes after it was consumed.

After changing into her second disguise, she took out two paper cups from her bag and poured an even amount of orange juice into both cups. Once that was done, she sprinkled a pinch of some powder into both and stirred it with a spoon making sure that the powder was dissolved completely.

She stepped out of the toilet carrying the two cups of juice in her hands, making her way towards the two guards.

"You must've been working all day, I brought these from the kitchen just in case you two were feeling thirsty," Hyun Joo said, offering the juice to the guards.

"Ah thank you. You see, we aren't allowed to leave our post since there aren't any substitutes to take over our shift," Said the first one, who immediately took a sip from the cup. The other one hesitated for a moment, but soon surrendered to his thirst and drank it too.

"No worries, have a good night," Hyun Joo said sweetly before walking away.

[ A/N: I hope you guys are doing good :D ]