22 | Changes in the Weather

It's the second day where their day would be filled with shooting from 6 am - 5 pm. Soobin practically forced himself to wake up at 4:55 since he figured that he might need the extra time to get ready.

He headed downstairs to make a small breakfast ( a bowl of noodles ) and to have a hot drink to start his day.

To his surprise, Yeonjun was already up, cooking something. The smell of roasted bacon and toasted bread led Soobin to the kitchen, in the kitchen, Soobin saw Yeonjun in an apron, frying two eggs on the pan.

"Oh, you're up?" Yeonjun asked, noticing Soobin's head peeping through the window.

"Yep," replied Soobin.

"Good timing, just give me a few more minutes. You can sit by the dining table while waiting," Yeonjun smiled, turning his attention back to the eggs.

"Oh- alright,"

Taking a seat by the table, Soobin drummed his fingers against his seat. It wasn't long til Yeonjun walked out of the kitchen, holding two plates of roasted bacon, toasted bread, and golden-brown fried eggs.

"You really didn't have to," Soobin breathed, looking at the breakfast Yeonjun personally made.

"Well, it's not like I have a choice, otherwise you'd be eating instant noodles again," he sighed, sliding the plate to Soobin.

Hesitantly, he took the plate, stacking the bacon and the eggs on top of the bread. Soobin took a bite of the sandwich he just made, surprisingly it tasted good, better than he anticipated at least– he'd never take Mr. Choi for the type who'd be superb at cooking.

Yeonjun noticed Soobin enjoying the simple breakfast he made, his cheeks stuffed with food.

cute.

Soobin looked up to see the latter staring at him. Yeonjun turned away.

"Uh– once you're done eating, just wash it in the kitchen," Yeonjun prattled as he got up, the tips of his ears turning a light shade of red.

☆。*。☆。

After the two got ready to head out, it was 5:30 am, which meant that they will make it onto the shoot on time. Yeonjun's driver, Mr. Jang, waited outside the gates for the two to come into view.

"Good morning, Mr Jang," Yeonjun greeted as Soobin managed a bow.

"Good morning," he replied, opening the door for the two as they got in.

During the car ride, Soobin couldn't help but notice Yeonjun constantly checking his phone with a worried expression painted on his face. What's he so worried about?

"Is something wrong?" Soobin asked.

"It's none of your business– it's nothing for you to be worried about anyways," Yeonjun mumbled, now switching his phone off and placing it in his pocket.

"Right..." Soobin said, wishing that he hadn't asked in the first place.

Of course, just when I thought we could be friends at the very least. Perhaps he was just being nice to me earlier... Soobin thought to himself.

☆。*。☆。

After a 15 minutes, they've arrived at the set. It wasn't the studio like what Soobin anticipated the shoot would take place. Instead, they arrived at school, one with large buildings covered in white and a massive football field.

They headed towards the basketball court, which was next to the school's football field, since that's where the shoot will take place today ( notified by Secretary Kim earlier ). Soobin walked towards the crew, about to ask directions to the dressing room. Yeonjun, on the other hand, was looking around, almost as if he was searching for someone.

"Where are you going? The dressing room's that way," Soobin asked, pointing towards one of the school buildings.

"I need to handle some matters first- carry on without me and I'll meet you at the set," Yeonjun said now walking in the opposite direction Soobin was pointing at.

Yeonjun turned left and right, searching for a certain brunette female amongst the sea of crew members and cameramen.

"Ah, Secretary Kim!" He greeted, relived to finally spot his secretary.

"Oh, Mr. Choi! Is there anything you need?" She smiled.

"Uhm, there's something I need to inform you about- just in case,"

"Of course,"

"I just checked the weather forecast for today and I'm not too sure if we can still resume the filming since it's an outdoor shoot," Yeonjun said.

"Oh, I see. I'll let Producer Lee know to excuse you from today's shoot if it does start to pour," She replied, reaching for her phone in her pocket.

"Thank you, Secretary Kim!"

☆。*。☆。

The scene took place on a basketball court, Soobin and another female actress were seated on the bleachers while Yeonjun and a group of other actors were 'playing' basketball on the court.

"Scene twenty-three, take one. Action!" Producer Lee called out, as the director snapped the clipboard, signaling that the cameras have started rolling.

The camera focused on Soobin and the other female actress.

"Isn't Daniel just perfect?" She gushed, staring lovingly at Yeonjun's ( or rather, Daniel's ) figure into the distance.

Soobin didn't respond ( since it was part of the script anyway ), he followed her eyes which were on Yeonjun, flawlessly dribbling the basketball across the court.

"He's smart, talented, athletic, and good-looking! definitely god's favourite," She continued.

"I don't see anything special in him, just another jerk using his looks to pick up girls," Soobin said, letting out a pshh. Truth was, in real life, he couldn't deny the fact that the male had the looks of a prince, alluring and beautiful.

"Should I go and confess? You know I've had a crush on him for the longest time ever," She contemplated, turning to Soobin.

But before Soobin even got the chance to continue his line, a loud rumble broke across the sky.