Chapter 16

Sarah's p.o.v.

Today it felt like time was going slow. I was doing another research for a mission. On computers screen showed up a message from agent Hill:
"After one hour in meeting room. Don't be late and bring all you got for 'Hunt'. Hill"

I frowned and opened missions "Hunt" folder. I had almost finished this research. But there's one problem - I don't know where's the meeting room. I went through all the information adding some updates. I even got some photos of the satellite due to the location. Looking at the photo I understoon why they're calling this mission 'Hunt' - it was a house in the middle of woods. The road is about 5 miles away.

But one question wasn't leaving my mind - why I have to be in the meeting room. Like my job is just to get all this bunch of information.

I decided to go althought the meeting is after twenty minutes. I stood up and went down the main corridor. It was hopeless - there were too much partings that I gave up and stopped the first agent who was going past me.

"Hi, do you know where's the meeting room?" I asked politely.

"Oh, yes," man smiled at me when turned around - it was agent Ferris.

"Which one you're looking for?" agent Ferris asked.

"Umm, I don't know. How many are there?" I frowned.

"Three."

"Oh! Umm, well I'm looking for that one where agent Hill is supposed to be," that was all I knew.

"I know where. Follow me," he smiled again.

"Thanks."

"So, how do you like S.H.I.E.L.D.?" agent Ferris asked.

"It's interesting. I'm working here for two weeks but mostly I get lost in this maze," I laughed.

"It's normal. After few weeks you could walk there with closed eyes," agent Ferris was laughing too.
"Is he flirting with me?" I thought but slightly shook my head, "No, I have a date with Steve and I like him a lot."

"By the way my name's Edward," he said.

"You know my name already, don't you?"

"Yeah, I do. So here we are," he stopped near dark grey doors.

"Thanks," I was about to open them.

"Hey, do you want to watch a movie or have a lunch with me sometime?" Edward leaned against the door frame and looked down at me.

"Thanks, but I have to decline,"I fake smiled at him.

"Why? You already have a boyfriend?" he was disappointed.

"Something like that," slight blush appeared on me cheeks.

There was a footfall behind Edward and we both looked at that direction. It was Steve. He looked a bit irritated.

"Captain," Edward said and went past him and looked back at me, and smiled.

"Agent Ferris," Steve responded.

I opened the door and went in, Steve folowed me. There was a big table in the middle and a lot of chairs around it. On the walls were huge screens with S.H.I.E.L.D. logo. 

I sat in one of the chairs, but Steve sat on the opposite side of table. So I suppose it's my fault.

"Okay, what's going on?" I asked and looked in his adorably blue eyes.

"Nothing," he shortly answered.

"Really?" I leaned back in the chair, raising an eyebrow and still looking at him.

Steve looked away and I understood everything.

"Oh my God! You're jealous!" I said.

"What? No!" Steve shouted but his voice and body language betrayed him.

"Yes, you are!" I stood up went to Steve.

I sat next to Steve, facing him, and took his hand.

"You don't need to be jealous. Of course I declined," I lightly squeezed his hand.

"I'm sorry," he sheepishly smiled.

"It's okay," I rested my head on his shoulder.

"What is this mission about?" Steve asked and interwined our fingers.

"I don't know. My job is to get all information thats available about certain things," I answered.

"And what did you get?"

"Location, photos from satellites, information about area and few people."

"And where I'm supposed to–" Steve started but doors where opening.

I straightened in the chair and pulled my hand out of his grip.

"You don't have to hide from me," Natasha said with a smirk.

I blushed and saw that Steve's cheeks were red too. Natasha sat in that chair I was sitting before and put her feet on the table. The door opened again and agent Hill came in.

"I see everyone's here. So Sarah what you've got?" she was looking at me.

"Umm... Well in short - road is 5 miles away from that building so practically it's in the middle of woods. According to latest updates there's no activity. Fleck and Smith had gone underground," I told a bit shocked at first.

"Good, that's exactly what we need. So you'll get out in this clearing - 2 miles from location. So get the file and get out," agent Hill said.

"And what's the catch?" Natasha asked.

"They've been collaborating with a gang. Assasins with no mercy," agent Hill answered.

"Damn. Are they every mission dealing witht that kind of people?" I slightly shivered.

"I got blueprints," I said.

"Good," agent Hill said and wrote something on her tablet, and thay appeared on the screen.

"Only one way in and out," Steve whispered.

"Well there're few windows but I guess they're nailed up," I looked at him.

Steve moved a bit in his chair and now his knee was touching mine.

"Well then think about all options. You're leaving tomorrow at 6pm. You too agent Johnson," agent Hill said and left.

I was sitting dumbfounded.

"That must be a mistake," I finaly spoke.

"Agent Hill never mistakes," Natasha answered and took her feet off the table.

I sighed and ran fingers through my hair. Steve placed his hand on my shoulder and reassuringly squeezed it. It's going to be my first mission and probably I should be happy though I'm sitting here and trying to convince myself it's a mistake.

"Okay, lovebirds, let's get started," Natasha smirked and stood up.