Chapter 14

Sarah's p.o.v.

I went in my apartment and leaned against door, bitting my bottom lip. I couldn't believe we kissed. I couldn't believe I'm going on a date with him!

My stomach growled and I went in the kitchen and checked the fridge. I closed it and checked the cabinets. I took spaghetti and saw a chocolate. My mood was so great that I decided to make brownies.

Before I started to cook, I changed in sweatpants and oversized t-shirt. So my evening went cooking and singing along FOB songs.

I was watching TV when my phone went off. John.

"Yep," I answered.

"Hey, someone's in a good mood!" he was laughing.

"It's not your business. What do you want?"

"I was just wondering maybe you want to have a drink or so?"

"It's Wednesday," I rolled my eyes.

"I know but we don't see each other so often anymore," John was begging.

"Ugh, I know," I sighed.

"Maybe I can go to your apartment and we can watch some movies?"

"I'm sorry, but I'm really tired," I yawned and rubbed my eyes.

I was tired for real, but I just wanted to watch news.

"And how about tomorrow?" John was really insistent.

"I can't," I bit my bottom lip again remembering about Steve.

"Why?" he was curious.

"I'm busy," a huge smile was on my face.

"Are you smiling? You have a date, don't you?" I heard jealousy in his voice.

"I said it's not your business," I rolled my eyes.

"When I'm gonna meet him?"

"John, my love life is not your fucking business," and my mood wasn't so good anymore.

"I'm sorry. I had a rough day," John sighed.

"Yeah. Hey, call me on Fridays morning. Maybe I will be available for lunch," I found compromise.

"Lunch sounds good," he admited.

"Okay, then till Friday," I yawned again.

"Okay," John eneded call.

Yes, he can be pain in the ass, but he's still my best friend. And sometimes John can act like on older brother. Actually he's like my older brother - caring and protective.

I turned off the TV and went to my bedroom, and changed in my pyjamas - shorts and old t-shirt. Almost immediately I fell asleep when I laid down.

Next morning

Sarah's p.o.v.

My muscles weren't as sore as I thought they will be. I had taken quick shower and now I was standing in front of my closet. Finally I took black, skinny jeans and dark blue flannel shirt. Also I took clean tank top, socks and towel and put them in my duffle bag.

On the way to kitchen, I turned in TV. For breakfast I had musli with yoghurt and and brownies. I wanted to have a hot chocolate, but I couldn't find it so I decidedto stop by "Starbucks". I had no rush this morning so I even surfed the Net for a while.

It was 8:35am and I decided to go to work. I put on my black boots and jacket, took my phone, wallet and cars keys, and went out of my apartment, locking the door behind me.

I opened the car's door and threw my bag in passenger's seat and started the engine.

"Oh, I missed you," I ran my hand over the wheel.

I drove off and after few minutes I stopped by "Starbucks". I reached it, I took my wallet and got out of the car, locking it behind me. I went towards the line and a smile appeared on my lips.

"Hi," I said and poked his side.

Person in front of me jumped a little and tured around.

"Hi, you scared me!" Steve was smiling.

"Sorry," I smiled back and started laugh.

"What's so funny?" he was confused.

"We're matching today," I pointed to his shirt.

He was also wearing a blue flannel shirt but a bit lighter than mine.

"Oh, I didn't notice," he started to laugh too.

"Sarah?" a male's voice behind me said.

I spun around.

"John!" I hugged him.

"Oh, John it's Steve, Steve - John, my best friend," I said as I pulled away.

"Nice to meet you," Steve said and shook hands with Steve.

"Likewise," John answred with a smirk on his face.

I could see that John is judging Steve.

"Wait, I think I know you," John frowned.

I felt that Steve tensed next to me. I took his hand in mine and tried to breathe and act normal.

"Really?"I definitely wasn't ready for this.