Chapter 29

Sarah's p.o.v.

I took a quick shower and quickly washed my long hair. I had put on clean underwear, simple gray t-shirt and dark blue jeans. My wet hair was in a messy ponytail and I had almost finnished covering hickeys on my neck, collarbone and shoulder with a thick layer of concealer and foundation.

"Breakfast is ready," Steve leaned against bathroom's door frame.

"Okay," I washed my hands, appreciating my work in the mirror.

"What did you do?" he frowned.

"Well yours are almost faded but mine not. Such a shame, I'd like to see how you would cover them," I mischievously smiled.

"I would ask your help," Steve came to me and wrapped his strong arms around my waist from behind.

"Who said I would?" I smirked looking at him in the mirror.

"I'd convince you," he kissed my neck and moved up to my jaw line.

"You said breakfast is ready," I turned around to face my boyfriend.

"Mhm," Steve pulled me in a tight and warm hug.

I hid my face in his chest and closed my eyes, returning a gesture. Steve's warmth and heartbeat calmed me. That made me feel that time has stopped and there's nothing else - just us. I inhaled his manly, musky scent that caused odd but nice feeling.

I know that's weird but with him I feel truly loved and safe. There's no doubt that my family love's me but this is different. Steve is the best that has happened to me and I'm glad that I bumped into him that morning. If that wouldn't have happened, we wouldn't be standing right here and right now.

I really want to make him feel happy and loved. And I know that Steve is still trying really hard to adjust in 21st century and I'm willing to help him.

"Sarah, did you hear me?" Steve caressed my cheek.

"Um, no, sorry," I looked in his blue eyes.

"You all right?" he seemed concerned.

"Yeah, I was just thinking."

"About what, if it's not a secret," Steve lead me to kitchen, still holding me close to him.

"Just how lucky I was when I bumped in you that morning in S.H.I.E.L.D." I looked down and felt my cheeks burning.

"I'm thinking the same," he stopped and tenderly kissed me on the lips.

I pulled away and wrapped my arms around Steve's neck and nuzzled my face by it. He leaned down a bit so I wasn't on my tiptoes. Steve's fingers sneaked under my t-shirt and caressed the bandage on my side.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"It's not your fault, okay?" I pulled away to look in his eyes.

"Okay," Steve sighed, "let's eat."

He had cooked bacon, eggs, toasts and made a coffee.

"Thanks, that was great," I kissed his cheek and took plates, mugs and cutlery to sink when we were finished.

"I'll help you," Steve stood up and kissed my cheek.

"No, you cooked and I'll wash the dishes," I objected.

I can be very stubborn like my mum sometimes and now I was.

"Oh, c'mon I'll dry."

"No."

"But I want to help you," Steve pouted.

He looked like a golden retriever puppy and, to be honest, I love those dogs and Alex has one. So it's kinda my weak spot.