Chapter 13

Sarah's p.o.v.

"Fucking paperwork," I cursed under my breath as I took another folder.

It was already 5:30pm but I was still sitting in the office and doing paperwork. Other Agents had left or will do it soon, but I have few more folders. I was hungry and tired, and wanted to go home. I rubbed my eyes and continued work.

After almost an hour I had finally done. I turned off the computer, took the folders and carried them to Agent Hill's office. She wasn't there so I left them on her desk. I went to the locker room and opened my locker. I put on my jacket and took my black duffle bag. In this moment my mood got better. No, I don't hate my job, but that paperwork is really boring.

I was in elevator when I got a message from Emma. She had sent me a picture of those trading cards. Well I have to admit - they're awesome.

I went out of the building and evenings cold air sent me shivers.
"Yep, tomorrow I'll drive," I promised myself.

I owned black Audi. As S.H.I.E.L.D. is in about 13 minute walk from my apartment I walk. Probably my muscles will be sore tomorrow so another reason to drive.

"Hi!" someone stood next to me by the pedestrian crossing.

"Jesus, Steve! You scared me. AGAIN!" I playfuly pushed him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. Do you mind if I join you?" he was smiling so adorably that I just couldn't resist.

"Of course not. So where were you, if it's not a big secret?" I asked.

"No, it's not. I was on a mission in the Middle East."

"Is it hot there? I have never been there," I was curious.

"Well, yeah. Especially in desert. And what you did all this time?"

"Paperwork, research. Nothing interesting," I shrugged.

"What kind of research, if it's not a big secret?" Steve smiled.

"Any kind - information for missions or something specific about physics and chemistry for scientists. Or even getting everything about some people."

"It doesn't sound that boring," he chuckled.

"No, research is interesting, but that paperwork. Don't get me wrong - I love my job, but I expected that it will be more interesting."

"So you want to go on missions, right?"

"Yes, but I have no experience and skills for that," I sighed.

"Well, everything begins from nothing," he shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess."

"Look, if you want something, then go for it. It may take a lot, but if that's what you truly want, then it doesn't matter," Steve looked down at me.

"Thanks. Oh, and... Yeah, I live there," I stopped and so did Steve.

It felt like I came home in few minutes. Probably just because I had an awesome company.

I looked up at him and a sponteneous thought came in my mind. I dropped my bag, placed my hands on Steves broad shoulders and, reaching on my tip toes, kissed him on the lips. Steve kissed me back and leaned down a bit, and placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer. His lips were soft and the kiss soon became passionate. My hands slid down to his muscular chest. After a while Steve pulled away because we both were out of breath. I looked in his adorably blue eyes and blushed so I hid my face in his chest and I my arms wrapped around his waist. This moment was so perfect that I wanted it to last forever.

"Sarah, I was wondering maybe you want to go on a date tomorrow?" Steve broke the silence, which wasn't awkward at all.

"I'd love to," I looked up at him smiling.

Steve kissed me once again.

"So then I'll pick you up at 7?"

"Sounds good," I smiled.

Unwillingly I unwrapped my arms and picked up the bag.

"See you tomorrow, ma'am," Steve smiled.

"Bye, Cap," I said and went in the building smiling like an idiot.