Chapter 35

Sarah's p.o.v.

As soon as Natasha closed the door, in record speed I jumped out of bed, put on my panties and random t-shirt that was on the floor, and ran to the bathroom. I couldn't look at Steve, who was still sitting on my bed completely shocked and I was mad at Natasha and John. Even I kinda whished that Steve and Natasha would go away and leave me alone. I wouldn't be surprised that John's, now my ex-best friend, theatre will cost me relationship with Steve and even friendship with Natasha.
"Why is this all happening with me?" I slid down the door and sat on the floor.
The cold tiles were freezing me but I didn't care. Well, I know I should be happy that someone love's me but the current situation felt so wrong. John was like a brother to me. Yeah, I know he had a crush on me, but we have discussed that we won't date and so on. I guess it was stupid to expect that he'll understand that, but at least I hoped.
I'm still worried about Emma, the e-mails I receive are becoming meaner and now this. I felt like I'll have a nervous breakdown. I wasn't really crying as tears were flowing down my cheeks. I wipped my eyes but my hands were black.
"Oh, great," I muttered and forced myself to stand up and went to the sink.
From the cabinet I took make-up remover and cotton pads. I looked in the mirror and saw something worse than a racoon - all make up was smudged, my eyes were watery and red. And for full happiness I felt like a crap. I wipped off the make up and washed my face with a cold water and dried it with a towel. There was a light knock to the door.
"Sarah, please open the door," Steve said.
I couldn't tell he was angry or calm. I didn't answer and slid down the wall to sit on the cold floor again.
"May I come in?" Steve sighed.
Still I didn't respond and pulled knees close to my chest. I was shivering, tired, felt like a crap and tears of disgust were flowing down my cheeks again.
"I'll go in, okay?" he said and turned the door knob.
"No, just go away, okay?" I screamed but my voice cracked and I hid my face in knees.
Steve opened the door anyway and came in. With few strides he was next to me.
"I'm not mad at you. Just tell me what's bothering you. I hate seeing you like this," he wrapped his arms around me and, when I felt his warmth, I understood how cold I am. "This all is just too much," I whispered between sobs.
God, I hate crying more than I can explain.
"What is too much?" Steve was stroking my hair.
"I'm still worried about Emma, the e-mails are getting more depressing although 99% I delete unread and now this," I ran my hands through my curls.
"What e-mails? What are you talking about?" he's voice was lower than usually.
I kept silent and bit the inside of my lip so hard that I tasted the metallic taste of blood.
"Fuck!" I internaly screamed.
"Sarah, what e-mails are you talking about? Someone is threatening you? Look at me when I talk to you," Steve's voice raised.
"Stop," I whispered.
It got difficult to breathe, my heart was beating so fast and heavily, hot tears were flowing down my face.
"No, you'll tell me everything right now," Steve scolded and unwrapped my arms from my legs.
There was a lump in my throat plus it felt like there's something heavy on my chest. I had no strenght to lift up my head or say something. My heartbeat was still fast and heavy, and I felt like my heart will jump out from me. A layer of cold sweat covered my forehead and body.
"I said look at me!" Steve yelled and lifted up my chin.
As soon as our eyes met, mine rolled back in my head and I fainted.

Steve's p.o.v.

"Natasha!" I yelled and picked up Sarah.
"Wha- Oh, shit!" she went back to the bedroom and took off the comforter of the bed so I could lay down Sarah.
I tucked the comforter around her body and hated myself for yelling at her.
"I'm sorry. I didn't know that will end up like this," she said.
"It's fine. What do you know about e-mails?" I looked in her green eyes.
"Nothing," Natasha shook her head.
"Don't lie to me," I narrowed my eyes.
"Steve, I swear. All week she was bothered by something and didn't let her phone out of her sight. I tried several times but failed and when I asked her about it, she just shrugged it off."
"Okay," I turned my gaze back to Sarah.
Natasha went to the living room but soon she was back with Sarah's laptop. She opened the browser and opened the link of her e-mail. Her fingers moved really fast over the keyboard while she wrote the adress and password.
"Wait, did you just hacked her e-mail?" I asked.
"Sorry, no other options," Natasha shrugged and opened first letter.
"Oh, my God," I covered my mouth with a hand.
"I don't know who wrote this, but I'll find that heartless person," she said and opened the next one.
"I'm done," said when I read the second.
I couldn't believe someone could say such a horrible things.
"Okay, but I'm not," Natasha stood up and went out of Sarah's bedroom, closing the door behind her.

Sarah's p.o.v.

I heard muffled sobs. Slowly I opened my eyes and turned my head to the direction of sound. Steve was sitting next to me on the edge of bed.
"Steve?" I whispered, brushing his side with my fingertips, and he looked at me.
"Hey," he sniffled and forced a smile. "What happened?" I frowned.
"You fainted. Again. Go back to sleep, angel," Steve leaned down and kissed my forehead.
"Will you stay?"
"Of course," he smiled again and crawled in bed next to me.
I snuggled close to him and he wrapped his arms around my torso.
"Stevie?" I whispered.
"Yes, angel," he looked down at me.
"Will you be here when I wake up?"
"Yes, I will," Steve kissed my forehead, "but now sleep."
He reached for the light switch of the lamp on the nightstand and switched off the lights. Soon I fell asleep, holding tightly to Steve.