Chapter 4

Sarah's p.o.v.

"I will be honest - I'm confused. So you are an Agent not psychologist." I said and stood up and we shook hands.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. has kept an eye on you for a while." Phil sat down.

"And I guess it's more that just ten years."

"I'm sorry that you had to wait so long. A little accident caused that papers weren't in order." he smiled.

"Guilty." I raised my hands.

"So you're probably wondering why you are here. I didn't lie to you about your potential that day. And I'm glad you haven't wasted it. I offer you a job here, in S.H.I.E.L.D."

"Why? I don't have any skills to be an Agent. I can work with computer or in a lab. Not in field or how you call it." I was still confused.

"You learn fast." Phil opened my file.

"Agent Coulson, I really appreciate this but-"

"Karate, box, taekwondo. Should I continue?"

"Okay." I sighed.

"I don't keep an eye on people and don't give them opportunities just because I have nothing else to do. I have, and a lot. Here I have everything about you and most if this shows that you're very wrong about yourself." he started to get angry.

"And if I fail?"

"You won't. So you agree?" Phil closed my file.

"There doesn't exist - try, does it?" I asked.

"Once you are in, there is no way back. So not really."

What I'm gonna say to John and other friends? I understand that I can't tell them about S.H.I.E.L.D. but they deserve to know. Part of me wants to agree, but other part not. I sighed and ran hand trough my hair.

"I agree." after a moment of silence, I said.

"Great! Tomorrow you'll have some tests and also then we will get the document part done. Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D."

I kinda felt like I did the right thing.

"I'm just curious - do you remeber what I told you?" Phil smiled.

"I made a promise. And you kept your's so there's no reason to break it." I honestly answered.

"What I'm going to tell my boss, friends and family?" that was the question I was concerned about.

"I'll give you a fake contract. And you must learn how to lie." he stood up and so did I.

I picked up my bag and followed him out. We went down the corridor and Phil stopped by one office where he went in. I decided to wait outside and check my phone. 4 missed calls and one message from John:
"Where are you? Why you don't pick up the phone? They canceled the meeting. You all right? Please answer. J"

"So just sign this and you have an alibi." Phil handed me that fake contract and pen.

I put my phone in the back pocket of my jeans and went to the nearest desk and signed it. I turned around but again I bumped in someone. I don't know what's happening with me today.

"Oh. I'm sorry," I apologised and looked up, and smiled.

"It's ok. I'm Steve Rogers." he smiled and held out his hand.

"Sarah Johnson. It's a honor to meet you." we shook hands.

Suddenly my phone started to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket. John. Who else could it be?

"I'm on my way." I said to him and ended the call.

"I have to go. Bye." I said to Steve who hadn't moved at all and ran past him.

"Bye." I heard him saying.

"Agent Ferris will take you to your job." Phil said as I reached him.

"Thank you." I said and we shook hands.

"You're welcome. See you at 9am tomorrow." he replied.

I turned around and followed Agent Ferris, feeling that someone is watching me.