Chapter 40

Sarah's p.o.v.

We were in the taxi on the way to my grandparents house. Sun was shining and everything seemed great.
"Oh, c'mon. Relax, they're gonna adore you," I took Steve's hand and squeezed it.
"How can you know that?" he was nervously tapping his foot, looking out of the window.
"Yeah, of course I don't know my family. And you're not an amazing person," I sarcasticaly said.
Steve chuckled and looked down at our hands. I leaned towards him and kissed his cheek.
"It's gonna be fine. I have your back," I rested my head on his shoulder and squeezed his hand again.
"I know," he kissed the top of my head.
The rest of the drive went in silence. The taxi driver turned on the street where was my grandparents house. I straightened in the seat and a huge smile appeared on my lips as I saw the familiar house. He stopped by the drive way.
"Thanks," I handed the driver money before Steve could even blink and got out.
"I could have paid," Steve said getting out too.
"It's not a big deal," I shrugged and wanted to take my suitcase.
"Nice try," he smiled and took both of them.
"Ugh, I'm not that helpless," I rolled my eyes.
Steve laughed and kissed my forehead. Then barking made us both turn around.
"Hey, buddy," I kneeled as the Golden retriever ran to us, "missed me? I missed you too."
I hugged the dog and it put its head on my shoulder.
"Steve, it's Roger. Roger - Steve," I said.
"Roger, huh?" Steve smirking kneeled beside me and petted Roger's head.
"What's so.. Oh," I laughed.
Someone whistled and Roger ran away. I looked up and saw my grandparents coming towards us. We stood up and went towards them.
"Hey, sweetie," Alex opened his arms and pulled me in a tight hug.
Inspite his age, he was very strong and healthy.
"Oh, my God! It's so good to be there," I hugged him as well and then pulled away.
"Grandma," I squeled and threw my arms around her neck.
"It's so good see you," she laughed.
"Oh, and this is Steve, my boyfriend," I pulled away from grandma and went to him, and took his hand as I was leading him to my grandparents.
"Oh, my.. No... Wait, are you Captain America?" Alex whispered.
"Yes, sir," Steve blushed.
"Please pinch my arm, Lisa," his eyes were wide but with a sparkle like a five-year-old kid in the Christmas morning.
Grandma was shocked as well, because her husband is a huge fan of Captain America and she knows as much about him as Alex. Or maybe less.
"It's reality. He's my boyfriend," I laughed.
"Oh, my. It's a true honor to meet you," Alex extended his hand.
"Likewise. Sarah has told me a lot about you, sir," Steve relaxed a bit and shook his hand.
"Please, call me Alex, Captain," grandpa smiled.
"And you can call me Steve," my boyfriend seemed completely ralaxed.
I looked up at him with 'told ya' look and smiled. Steve wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. I hugged him from the side and held on him while he greeted with grandma.
"Let's go inside," Alex said and took my suitcase.
"Alex, no. I can do it on my own," I wanted to take it back but it seemed like grandpa and Steve were on one hand, because he didn't let me.
"I know, but you'll always be my little princess," grandpa smiled, walking backwards.
"Alex, I'm not five anymore," I blushed.
"For us you'll always be a princess. Don't forget that," Lisa patted my arm.
We went in the huge house. I've always felt like this is my true home, because it's the only stable place I've lived besides the first 10 years of my life I've spent in Boston. The familiar black grand in the living room, my room, Alex's home office are the things that relates me with home. Probably weird how grand can relate with home, but as a child I really loved playing it. Actually I've always loved it, but lately I've had no time for that.
"Sorry, but we're late. We still have some things to get done. Emma and your parents should be there soon. If you're hungry, you know where's the fridge," Lisa smiled, pulling me in for another hug.
"And Steve, make yourself at home," Alex patted his arm.
"Okay," we answered at the same time.
We all laughed and my grandparents left.
"So, I guess I'll have blueberrie muffins," I looked up at Steve.
"Well, you had an advantage knowing you grandfather," he pulled me close to him, by my waist.
"But you weren't wearing your suit, so there was a chance he won't recognize you," I slid my hands up his chest and rested them on his broad shoulders.
"But still," he leaned down and pressed his soft lips on mine.
"I'll share," I said against his lips.
"Good," he smiled and pulled away.
"Okay, let's put away our suitcases. Then I'll give you a tour around the house and then I could get something to eat. Or maybe you want to eat before tour?" I raised one eyebrow.
"Before" Steve let me and took both suitcases.
"Okay, my room is upstairs."
We went up the stairs turned right to go down the hall. I stopped by the last doors on the right side and opened it. A huge smile grew on my face, realising how much I've actually missed this room. The same wooden bed with nightstands at same colour. The shelves with some pictures and kind of random stuff. That closet where I as a child used to hide. And the desk with sketch pads, paints, paintbrushes and colour pencils. And the last but least the light blue walls with band posters and some drawings. Yeah, for a girl they should be pink as they're in Emmas room.
"Wow, it's really nice," Steve brought me back from my thoughts.
"Thanks," I smiled and we went in and I took off my jacket and threw it on the chair by my desk.
I flopped on the bed with my face in the pillows. The mattress dipped as Steve sat next to me. He leaned down and hid his face in my hair by my neck, his hands rested on my each side.
"Tired?" he mumbled and his hot breath tickled my neck.
"No, it's just great to be back, even for a few days," I said, reaching my hand back in Steve's hair.
We remained still like this for a while. I've wanted to tell him something that would take our relationship to the next level for a few days now. I could never find the right time and I was a bit anxious that maybe it's too fast. But I felt so good with him and moments like this weren't very often due our busy job.
"Sarah, honey, are you there?" my mothers voice called from downstairs.
We both bolted up and got out of bed.
"Yes, be down in a second," I shouthed, adjusting my clothes and hair a bit.
"You parents, right?" Steve anxiously asked.
"Yes, and they'll adore as well as Alex and Lisa," I took his hand and lead him downstairs.
My parents and Emma were petting Roger and they looked up at us. Dad's eyes widened but mum smiled and so did Emma.
"Dad!" I let Steves hand ran to dad.
"Hey, monkey," he laughed, hugging me and lifting off the ground for a few seconds.
"Did you dye your hair?" I laughed.
"Haha, very funny," he put me down and I threw my arms around mum, hugging her tightly.
"Honey, don't crush me," mum laughed.
"Sorry, mum," let her.
"So, then this is your boyfriend," dad stated smiling.
"Yeah, dad it's Steve, Steve - my dad Robert. Mum - Steve, Steve - my mum Elizabeth. And Emma has already met him," I said.
"Oh, really? She hasn't told us," mum rised one eyebrow.
Yeah, that's me from her. I turned to Emma not listening to what Steve and my parents are talking about. We looked at each others eyes, not saying a word or making a move.