Chapter 21

Sarah's p.o.v.

I felt that Steve's arms were tightly wrapped around me. I slowly opened my eyes and blushed - I was sleeping on him. Well I have to admit that he's very comfortable and warm. Steve was playing with my hair and I looked up at him.

"Hey! How did you sleep?" he smiled.

"Good, and you?" I tried to get off him.

"Same," Steve kissed my forehead and didn't let me.

My muscles were sore but I got up enough to kiss Steve on the lips. He kissed me back and rolled us over so now he was on top of me. I slid my hands down Steve's torso and under his shirt. His hand moved up my thigh and stopped on my hip. Steve's tongue slid across my bottom lip, asking for entrance. I allowed him and moved my hands to his back. He pulled me as close as possible to him and moved his lips to my neck. I held back a moan and slid my hands up his back and now his tight shirt was covering only his upper back and chest. Steve tensed and hid his face in the crook of my neck. I was about to ask what happened but then I understood - I felt a bulge pressing against my thigh. Without a word I pulled down his shirt and wrapped my arms around him.

A knock to the door made Steve lift up his head. Doctor came in and was a bit confused for a moment.

"I wanted to change the bandage and make sure everything is fine," he said as recovered from the shock.

Steve got off me and climbed out of the bed, and sat on the chair. Actually I wasn't feeling any pain so I hadn't noticed that I have a bandage on my side. I pulled up my shirt enough to reveal the bandage. Doctor came to me and gently removed it. There was about half inch long wound with few stitches.

"Everything seems good. Does it hurt badly?" doctor looked up at me.

"No, not at all," I shook my head.

In the same moment I regreted because it caused a light headache.

"Interesting. And how's your head?" he frowned.

"It hurts a bit, but overall I'm good," I frowned.

"Okay. You can go home but on Monday you must visit a doctor. And you should rest next week," doctor applied a l
new bandage on my side.

"Okay, thanks," I smiled.

"You're welcome," he smiled and left.

My tummy growled and blush appeared on my cheeks. Steve just smiled and brought me my duffle bag.

"Get dressed and let's get something to eat," he kissed my forehead.

I slowly sat up and moved to the edge of bed. Steve helped me to get to the bathroom which I also hadn't noticed.

"You okay? Maybe you need help? I can get Natasha over here-" Steve frowned.

"I'm fine. If I'll need help I'll ask you, okay? Don't worry," I cut him off.

"Okay," he kissed my forehead and left.

I did my business and changed from S.H.I.E.L.D. t-shirt and sweatpants in clothes that were in my bag - those I was wearing before mission. I kneeled down to lace my boots and as I tilted my head it caused more headache.

"Fuck," I said louder than I wanted.

"Sarah, you all right? May I come in?" Steve asked from the other side of door.

"Yeah," I answered, leaning against the wall, and he came in.

He had changed into dark jeans and black t-shirt with S.H.I.E.L.D. logo on it.