Chapter 46

Sarah's p.o.v.

Luckily, the glasses were empty.
"I'm sorry, did you just called Steve a perv?" I said throught gritted teeth.
When someone insulted people I love and care about, I took it personal.
"Yes, because he could be my grandfather," Robert pointed at my boyfriend.
"Wait, how old is Annika? Twenty-one? Oh, she could be your daughter! Before you judge others, take a fucking look at yourself. You know - you just lost all of my respect for you. And I hope you're happy - you just ruined your family," I threw my napkin on the table and rushed out to the backyard.
I sat on the first step and deeply inhaled the fresh evening air. Roger came out too and laid down next to me. He whimpered and started to lick my right palm.
"Stop," I laughed and lightly shoved him away.
Then I saw few drops of blood next to me and immediately turned my hand - there was a long cut. And I guess a deep too because it was pretty much bleeding. I didn't know how I cut myself because I didn't feel anything.
"Thanks buddy," I stood up and ran back inside.
And now I started to feel pain. I didn't bother to listen what's going on, I just ran to kitchen and turned on the cold water and put my palm in the stream.
"Fuck," I almost screamed as it was freezing my hand and it hurt like hell.
I took a towel and pressed it on the wound. To hold back more curses, I bit my bottom lip. I knew that alone I can't take care of it so I had to find Steve.
"Sarah, you all right?" with few strides Steve was next to me.
"No, I need your help," I went out of the kitchen and ran upstairs with him on my heels.
"What happened with your hand?" he asked.
"Here and turn on the lights, please," I said, motioning to the bathroom.
"Okay, but what's.. Oh my God!" Steve shouted as I took off the towel and revealed the cut.
"I somehow cut myself," I turned on the cold water again and put my palm under it.
"Where's the first-aid kit?" he was slightly panicking.
"Here," I showed with my foot to the undersink cabinet.
He opened it and took out the box and the sat me on the top of the counter.
"Okay, this is gonna hurt but we need to stop the bleeding," Steve looked at with pained expression and again pressed the towel on the wound, but harder than I did.
I clutched his shirt with my left hand and hid my face in his chest, trying to hold back a string of curses.
"I'm sorry," he kissed the top of my head.
"It's not your fault," I mumbled in his chest.
"Honestly, I never thought that once I'll be the one taking care of someone's wounds. Back in 40's I was the one of which needed to take care of because I always picked up fights or I was sick. Bucky always was by my side and... Then I couldn't save him," Steve took a shaky breath.
I wrapped my arm around his waist, pulling him closer. He rested his chin on top of my head and we stood like this for a moment.
"Okay, lets take a look," he pulled away and carefully removed the towel.
Luckily the bleeding had stopped. Steve took a piece of cotton and a hydrogen peroxide.
"No," I pulled away my hand.
"Oh, c'mon. We need to clean it," Steve rolled his eyes and ignoring my protest poured the liquid on the cotton ball.
"No, please. I know you have a soul," I looked up at him with puppy eyes.
"Yes, I have a soul and right now it says that you don't need an infection. Now give me your hand," he held out his.
I shook my head and put my hand behind my back.
"Do I need to get your family to hold you? And do you want to make it bleed again?" Steve looked with that stern Captain look which made others obey his orders.
"But that's gonna hurt," I pouted.
"Lets make a deal - you'll let me to clean the wound and I'll teach you how to fight with my shield. How does that sound?" he raised one eyebrow.
"Fine," I rolled my eyes and put my hand in his.
He kissed my forehead and brushed the wound with cotton ball.
"Fuck," I cursed through gritted teeth and closed my eyes to not let a tear escape.
"It's all right, my soldier. It's gonna be over soon," Steve said to reasure me and kissed my forehead.
While the hydrogen peroxide 'worked' on the cut, he washed away the blood from my wrist and forearm.
"Okay, now lets put on this and a bandage," he cleaned off the peroxide with clean piece of cotton and applied some kind of ointment and then carefully but still firmly wrapped the bandage around my hand.
"Thanks," I moved my left hand up to the back of his neck and pulled him down for a kiss.
Steve's left hand rested on the side of my neck and his fingers tangled in my hair, while right hand travelled around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I rested my right hand just above his heart and I blushed as I felt how fast it was beating. After a moment I pulled away because I was out of breath. Steve was as well and he rested his forehead on mine.
"You didn't have to do that," he said.
"Do what?" I frowned.
"Stand up for me."
"Yes, I had to. I won't let anyone to insult you because then they insult me too. And I told you that I have your back," I opened my eyes and looked in his sky blue orbs.
"Sometimes you're a total child but sometime you're the most protective person in the world but I like that," Steve smiled and softly kissed me on lips again.
"I love you," he said.
"I love you too," I smiled and pulled him in a tight hug.
"Okay, lets clean up this mess and then we'll go back downstairs, because you haven't eaten anything," he pulled away and started to put things back in the first-aid kit.
I cleaned up the blood, tossed the cotton balls in the garbage bin and the bloody towel in the hamper.
"All right, get up," Steve turned his back to me and bent in his knees.
I rolled my eyes knowing it's not that worth to start arguing with him because he'd then throw me over his shoulder anyway. So I jumped on his back tightly holding on him. On the way I switched off the lights and Steve closed the door. I kissed his cheek and as usually hid my face by his neck.
"No, you shut the fuck up," Alex yelled and Steve stopped in the middle of living room.
I was shocked because grandpa never cursed. From the dining room stormed out my dad and ran upstairs. After few seconds slammed his room door. I jumped back to my feet and took Steve's hand as I went to the dining room.
"Oh, hey, kids. Sit down. Wait, what's with your hand, sweetie?" Alex looked at me.
"I cut myself as I hit the knife in the table. Don't worry, I'm fine. Steve took care of that," I smiled and squeezed my boyfriends hand. 
After the semi-awkward dinner, where I was struggling to cut meat and Steve, being that extremely caring person for 24/7, did that in my place and I felt extremely uncomfortable, and as my left hand is totally left-handed, then all the time I was sulky for being that stupid and cutting my palm. It hurt like hell and I couldn't do anything. What a perfect time for that!
I went upstairs to my room and took sweatpants, t-shirt, clean socks, a towel and my shower gel from my suitcase. I knew that if I won't take shower before we watch movies, then I won't take it after. And then the reality slapped my face - I have that bandage and that won't be the best idea to take it off. I growled and flopped on the bed, throwing all the stuff next to me.
"Well, we could start so there's also a time for a good sleep," Emma came in and sat next to me on the bed.
"Yeah, sure," I answered, but that sounded too harsh due to my bad mood.
"Hey, what's wrong?" she patted my knee.
"I want to take a shower but this is fucking stopping me," I raised my hand.
"Well, ask Steve to join you."
"No!"
"I'm serious. That's the only way you can protect the cut and take a shower."
"No!"
"Wait, you haven't seen each other naked yet?" Emma sounded shocked.
"Oh my God, I'm not going to discuss that with you," I covered my face with my hands, being embarrased as hell.
"You have!" she squeled and laid down next to me laughing.
"Shut up, okay?" I playfully nudged her arm.
"Okay, okay. But seriously, ask him," my sister turned to me.
"No, Steve has already helped me a lot today and I can't ask that. And that's not the only reason," I sighed.
"I'm so sorry, but I heard my name. You can't ask me what, Sarah?" Steve shyly said, leaning against the door frame.
"Noth-" I started but Emma covered my mouth with her hand.
"Could you help her with a shower?" my shameless sister quickly said before I could remove her hand.
For a second I took a look at Steves face, which was crimson. Quickly I grabbed a corner of comforter and pulled it over my upper body. Internaly I screamed a string of courses and rolled over to my stomach so now I was wrapped in the comforter. My cheeks were burning and I wanted to disappear so badly. No, I wanted that this all is just a dream.