Chapter 57

Sarah's p.o.v.

The car stopped and I jumped a bit as I was brought back from my thoughts. We had arrived at my apartment building. I unbuckled the safety belt and got out of the car saying 'goodbye' to Emily. Steve took my hand and lead in. Way up to the 3rd floor was exhausting and I felt like dying. I was so happy to finally get in and immediately I headed to couch.
"Do you want tea or coffee or maybe some juice?" Steve sat next to me as I kicked off my trainers.
"Juice," I answered rubbing my eyes.
"And pancakes?" he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and I knew he was smiling by his voice.
I shook my head. I wasn't hungry but just thirsty. All I wanted was to fall in my bed under the comforter and stay there for a few days.
"You have to eat something so you can heal properly. If you don't want pancakes, I can cook something else," Steve rested his chin on my shoulder.
"I'm not hungry," I shook my head again.
"C'mon. At least some cereals," he made puppy eyes knowing that I can't resist him.
"Ugh, fine," I rolled my eyes.
I wasn't in the mood for arguing and Steve would play his Captain's card or if that wouldn't work he would give me silent treatment till I comply. Yes, he is stubborn as well and that all may sound like weird but once he said that he just wanted me to feel good and be happy.
"Okay, and by the way I got you something. Go to your bedroom," Steve kissed my cheek and darted to the kitchen.
I raised one eyebrow and did as he said. On my bed was sitting big, light brown and fluffy looking teddy bear. I took and it was fluffy for real. Holding it to my chest, I went to the kitchen. Steve was taking out orange juice and yoghurt from the fridge. I went over to him and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind. He chuckled and closed the fridge and put the things on the counter and turned around. As usually I buried my face in his chest and he leaned against the counter, tightly wrapping his strong arms around my waist and pulling me closer to him.
"You didn't have to," I mumbled in his chest.
"You'll have a company when I won't be here. And it was too fluffy to walk by," Steve chuckled again and kissed the top of my head.
"Well now I have two teddy bears," I looked up in his sky blue eyes.
"Two?" he frowned.
"You're the first one," I smiled.
"Oh my God. You're so cute," he started to laugh and tapped my nose.
I put the teddy bear on the counter and wrapped my arms around his neck, reaching on my tiptoes. Steve leaned down and our lips connected. He smiled in the kiss and slid his warm hands under my t-shirt. I moved my hand in his soft hair and lightly tugged, keeping my other hand on the back of his neck. Steve's hands slid down to the back of my thighs and picked my up. My legs instantly wrapped around his waist. He turned around and sat me on the counter. I pulled away and rested my forehead against his, panting.
"You all right?" Steve caressed my cheek.
"Yeah," I pecked his lips, resting my hands on the sides of his neck.
With every minute I stayed up, I got more sleepy and pain from the bruises and cuts didn't lessen and luckily didn't get stronger.
Steve sighed and brushed few strands of my hair away from my face.
"Steve?" I pulled away a bit from him.
"M?" he looked in my eyes.
"Promise me that you won't turn down missions to be with me."
"No. I-" he shook his head.
"Steve, please. That's all I ask," I sighed.
He buried his face in the crook of my neck and mumbled something incomprehensible, wrapping his arms around my waist.
"What?" I raised one eyebrow.
"I will only if you promise me something," he repeated.
"No, I was first," I was getting grumpy due that I could barely keep my eyes open.
"I just want be sure that everything will be okay with you," Steve pulled away.
"I will. Don't worry," I yawned.
"I promise. And now promise that you'll do what Agent 17 says," he held up his hand because I was about to interrupt, "and yes, she'll stay with you because Nat will go on missions with me or other Agents. I don't want you to be alone."
"You already did that, right?" I frowned.
"Yes," he went to the window and leaned with his arms against the window sill and and tilted down his head.
"Fine. I'm tired," I jumped down from the counter and went to the bedroom, taking the fluffy teddy bear with me. When I was there, I took off my clothes leaving only panties and put on an oversized t-shirt and climbed in the bed. In like few seconds I was drifting into sleep and I heard a shuffling behind me and felt the mattress dip. A pair of strong arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer to his warm body.
"I love you," Steve whispered and pressed his lips on the back of my neck and with that I fell asleep.

------------------A/N--------------------

Tada! Look who's back! I'm really terribly sorry for not updating. I had a writers block and all that ideas in my head for my possible next story, if I decide to keep writing when I finish this one, lets start with that, keep coming up and I couldn't focus on this story. Probably sounds stupid but when you get distracted eating dinner with your family and your mum is like: "Hey, wake up!", it's not that fun Okay, I'll stop ranting ranting.
Thank you for all the votes, reads, awesome comments, follows and that you add this story to yout reading lists. Really, it all means a world to me. You're the best, my rays of sunshine (I hope you don't mind if I call you that, because if you do then I'm sorry and please let me know that).
Love, Undi ❤