Chapter 72 (+ important A/N)

Sarah's p.o.v.

We were on the plane on the way to Atlanta. I had called Alex and he promised to pick us up at the airport. Yesterday when I woke up, Steve was already gone, leaving a note that he had to blow off some steam at the gym and will call me tomorrow. This morning I painted my nails black to match the outfit I had decided to wear. I was staring throught the porthole and bitting my bottom lip.
"What are you thinking about?" Steve whispered, burying his face in my hair.
"I think I'll cut my hair," I turned my body to face him.
"Why? I love your hair this way," he frowned.
"Longer hair has more problems," I shrugged.
"How short?"
"About half of my back."
"No, I'm not gonna let you do that," Steve shook his head.
"Why?"
"Because I really love your long hair."
"But I want shorter hair and that's it. I'll do it you want it or not," I crossed my arms on my chest.
For a while we were just staring in each others eyes, trying to see who will give up first.
"Ugh, fine," Steve rolled his eyes.
"You know that you're the best, right?" I leaned in and kissed his cheek.
"Yeah, I've been told that," a light blush tinted his cheeks and I giggled snuging in his side.
"Of course you are. Never forget that," I reached to kiss his jaw and rested my head on his shoulder.
For the rest of the flight we quietly talked about random things - starting with movies and ending with embarrassing childhood stories.
"And they still don't know you did it?" Steve laughed, as we went through the terminal holding hands.
"You really think I'd be alive then?" I chuckled, looking up at him.
"Oh, God, you're such a rebel," he slung his arm over my shoulders, kissing my temple.
"Just sometimes," I shrugged, scanning the crowd.
"There," Steve pointed to the left and I saw Alex.
We went over to him and I hugged my grandpa.
"Hey, sweetheart," he returned the gesture.
"Hi," I pulled away smiling.
"Hello, Alex," Steve smiled and extended his hand.
"It's nice to see you again, Cap," grandpa pulled my boyfriend in hug as well.
At first he was surprised, but quickly retuned the gesture. We took our bags and casually talked going out of the airport and on the way to Alex's house, where we'd stay. Honestly I had no idea how everyone will react to my announcement.
"Hey, Roger! Missed me? Or didn't wait me back so soon?" I squatted down to hug the dog and ruffle his always perfect fur.
"Hey, buddy," Steve petted his head.
We went inside, with Roger jumping around us and wiggling his tail.
"Hello, Lisa," Steve greeted granny with a hug.
"Hi, Steve. Nice to see you again," she returned the gesture and then turned to me.
"How are you, princess?" she hugged me.
"Grandma," I facepalmed, but Steve just lovingly smiled, taking off his jacket.
"What?" Lisa laughed.
"Thank God I'm too big for you to put me in a terrible pink dress," I shuddered and took off my jacket.
We all laughed, but there was this twinkle in Steve's eyes, which I took as a sign of trouble. Alex told that my room is ready and that dad and Emma will arrive a bit later. When I asked about mum, Lisa he said that she'll be staying at her parents' house. Actually it made sense to me. Steve and I took our bags and we went upstairs to my room.
"Pink dress, huh?" he raised one eyebrow, opening the door for me.
"Don't," I held up an accusing finger and dropped my bag on the bed.
I went over to the window and looked how wind blew the leaves over the lawn in the backyard.
"Gonna sneak out again?" Steve came behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on the top of my head.
"Not a bad idea," I sighed and turned around, wrapping my arms around his waist and resting my head against his firm chest.
"Everything is going to be fine," he rubbed my back.
"And if they don't believe me?"
"They will."
"How? Got your suit under this?" I frowned, pulling his shirt out of his jeans, but just to find a simple undershirt, through which I could see the outlines of his abs.
"No, but your family knows who I am, I made you to remember to take your badge and you got your flash drive. If this all isn't enough for them, then so be it. You know that I believe you," he put a stray piece of hair behind my ear and I tucked his shirt back in his jeans.
"Maybe I-"
"No, you did the right thing."
"But when I should tell that?" I bit my bottom lip.
"I'm sure you'll know that," Steve pulled my lip out from my bite with his thumb.
"Thank you so much. I love you," I tightly hugged him, earning a soft chuckle from him.
"I love you too," he lifted up my chin with his index finger and leaned down.
I reached on my tiptoes and our lips connected in the midway. He kissed my softly yet passionately. It turned into a make out session. Steve walked backwards till his calves hit the edge of my bed and he sat on it, pulling me on his lap. I pulled away for a moment to get some air and then went back to kiss him.
Someone cleared their throat, making us part. Bothe Steve and I looked over at that person - Alex - and immediately hid my face in the crook of Steve's neck, being thankful that I left my hair down today as it covered my bright right face and his too as he buried his face in my shoulder.
"I wanted to say that Lisa made a tea," grandpa said stifling a laugh and went away.
"Just like with Coulson, right?" I chuckled.
"Oh, don't remind that," Steve groaned, moving his hands from my butt to my waist.
"Whatever you say, Cap," I giggled and pulled away, making him look up at me.
"Lets go downstairs, right?" he pecked my lips.
"Okay," I got off his lap and adjusted my clothes and he did the same.
Playfully bumping shoulders, we went downstairs and received an amused looks from my grandparents. Lisa had found another album and with Alex shoved him more embarrassing photos from my childhood till grandpa had to go to pick up dad and Emma from the airport. They arrived just before we had to leave for Chloé's house.
I found that weird that my whole family was from Atlanta, but Emma and I were born in Boston. Yeah, mum and dad went there because he got a good job offer there, but I always found myself more attached to Atlanta, although I lived in Boston for 11 years.
I went back to my room and changed my sweatshirt to white t-shirt and black blazer. In my light blue jeans pocket I put the flash drive and put on my black flats. As we were gonna drive there, I decided to not bother myself with changing shoes at her house.
Steve and I took granny's car when they were in Alex's. I approximately remembered where Chloé lived so I followed grandpa's car. The driveway was already taken so we parked at the curb. I took a shaky breth before getting out of the car. We went in aunt's house and her husband greeted us. When mum heard that we had arrived, she came to me and tightly hugged me and then Steve. I spotted Mike with his wife and kids, Anna with her husband and my other grandparents. The atmosphere was relaxed and everyone were talking and laughing. Well my mum and dad were staying away from each other. But I was the only one, who was tensed. I successfully covered that with a smile and Steve's presence and reassuring grip on my hand slightly calmed me. From this moment I knew - there was no way back anymore.

-------------A/N--------------

Okay, I'll directly go with it - I have loads of ghost readers and I have even lost readers. I don't know why so I hope that you all will be kind enough to tell me why you've stopped voting. Yes, these votes mean a lot to me because they show me how satisfied I make you. And now that they have dramatically decreased, I don't feel the satisfaction of writing. I feel like it has turned in my duty to write.
What has made you hate my writing? Honestly when I started to write and I saw how many of you appreciate my work, it increased my confidence and I even stepped out of my comfort zone. But now I've lost it and I don't even want to really write anymore. I've always been insecure about myself and you all really supported me, but now it really has gone down the potty.
All I ask is to tell me what you hate in my writing. I don't care how nicely or rudely you say that, but please let me know that.
P.S. There are few readers who are literally till the end of the line with me and I love them so much. You know who I'm talking about.
~Undi